• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP Pro install problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nightowl

I have recently aquired a copy of Windows XP Pro but can't get it to install on my pc! I have tried the recommended upgrade of my current os ( 98se and also Me). I have tried advanced install. Have also tried to install on a hd with no os.

The install program starts to run but after first reboot the pc just hangs and displays a blank screen( i left it for a whole day to see if ne thing might happen). I tried changing my ram, gfx card etc to see if any conflicts were to blame to no avail.

I have manged to install it on a different pc from the same disk!

I am losing my patience and my hair over this, can anyone help me??

Thnx

Are you trying to install OS from DVDrom or CDrw. Because my friend was unnable to install Oses from Cdrw. I hope it will help ya!

I have tried running it from both my dvd rom and cdrw drives and have not had ne luck. I am considering trying one of my old cd rom drives.

Back