• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Peltier Powering

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

It_The_Cow

Does anyone happen to know what kind of peltier a 230, 250, or 300 watt dedicated power supply can handle if modified?

It_The_Cow (Apr 22, 2001 05:17 p.m.):
Does anyone happen to know what kind of peltier a 230, 250, or 300 watt dedicated power supply can handle if modified?
I have an old 250 watt AT supply that I have running my 85 watt pelt without even breaking a sweat. at 12 volts an 85 watt pelt draws just a tad over 7 amps and my supply is rated at 10. At 12 volts a 152 watt pelt draws about 12.6 amps.

hey TT120, where did u get those pel?? i was looking around and found that www.leufkentechnologies.com had thier peltier on 15.1V for 72W and 15.8V for 85W?? i thought those pel are quite the same in voltage and amp??

I bought my pelt. from leufkentechnologies, I was thinking it was 86w but must be 85w. Whats the difference. I'm very happy with it. I'm running it at 12v's. so Its actually only running around 65w's running at 12v's. Thats why I settled on the 85w. I was gonna get the 72w.

bdf24 (Apr 23, 2001 05:43 a.m.):
I bought my pelt. from leufkentechnologies, I was thinking it was 86w but must be 85w. Whats the difference. I'm very happy with it. I'm running it at 12v's. so Its actually only running around 65w's running at 12v's. Thats why I settled on the 85w. I was gonna get the 72w.
Same here, I bought mine from the heatsink factory. I thought it was a 12 volt unit but it's actaully a 15 volt unit but it's working ok for what I want.

huh....sound like the pel hvn't put out all it power if we didn't supply full enough volt and amp....but if it work, then everything is fine... :)

Back