• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temps.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FrankMasterFlash

I am running a celly 600@2v and temps seemed kind of high to me. I am getting temps of 42-44*C under full load. I thought i would be getting better temps with the PEP66.

I first thought that it was an Artic Silver II problem but I reapplied it correctly. When I was putting to back together I realized that the clip was easier to put on that the first time I did it. I could slide the heatsink around if it move it with my hand.

Then I thought it was my case cooling because it ain't all that great. A PSU fan and a weak 30cfm sunon case fan that came with my case sucking hot air out. An Antec fan sucking cool air in. I was thinking about getting more faster fans and hope to get better temps.

Any Ideas what to do to lower temps?

I really see no need whatsoever to lower the temps, in no way are those temps dangerous. But, if you want to, try getting some better case cooling, Ive heard some stories of people droping like 8C of the CPU temps just from better case cooling.

jeff_harrison_344 (May 15, 2001 09:49 p.m.):
I really see no need whatsoever to lower the temps, in no way are those temps dangerous. But, if you want to, try getting some better case cooling, Ive heard some stories of people droping like 8C of the CPU temps just from better case cooling.

Thanks, Sometimes I do get temps like 46-49*C when it is hot in my room. Righ now while I am typing this it is idling at 36-39*C

If I O/C the celly to like 9001.8v temps go through the roof. I've seen them hit 53*C under full load after about an hour or so of Cpu Stabiltiy Tester . It normally averages to about 46-48*C. It is also quite hot in my room.

My PIII 800E O/C'd to 900 runs at full load around the same temps that you're having...i had a spare fan for a PIII cpu and did the following...the second fan spins at approx. 5400rpm, the originall fan on the PIII's heatsink spins at around 5600rpm..I took the slower of the two fans and mounted it on the heatsink first,then took the original fan and mounted it on top of the slower fan....you won't believe the difference in air flow over the heatsink, quite incredible i must add...with the one side cover off my case, my temps have dropped by between 8 - 10 deg c. So what i'm going to do now is invest in another case fan and do the same thing with that and see what happens with the air flow into the case....i have a TEc but have not fitted it yet, but anyway, that another venture and topic...I can tell you that Limeygreg knows what he's talking about when it comes to Peltiers and the like....
regards

Back