• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD slot a overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You need GFD at first or crack open the chip and solder something somewhere, (have no idea what and where) after you see what is the max multi u can get then you should begin thinking of the FSB increase, I just don't think its worth the money to get a new mobo to squeze a few MHz out of that chip

unlocking the cpu isn't the problem. that' s simple. the lack of fsb overclocking options is the problem. I've tried every program that's out there for increasing my fsb, none recognize the motherboard. As such, it seems fsb overclocking is impossible on these boards so the multi is the only way to do it.

what i'm getting at is that if you can't run @ a multi of 10, you arent going to be able to get much higher by fsb, it's the chips top end, you aren't o/c'ing fsb yet so the chip is the only thing to hold you back right? i would't bother with trying to find another mobo, that's a good o/c for that chip

Back