• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Selling Main PC, Need some cash. Is this resonable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bdf24

I'm going to put it up on the bulletin board at work to see if I can sell it. I know some of these parts you can get for cheap on the net. But if someone wanted to buy a whole system put together would this be a resonable asking price. Of course I would go to the house of the person buying it and set it all up and everything for them.
Let me know what you think.

Custom Built AMD Computer system.

AMD XP 1900+ (1600 MHz) processor
Shuttle AK35GTR Motherboard
256 Megabytes Micron PC2100 DDR Memory
300W Antec Power Supply
ATI Radeon 8500 3D AGP Video Card f/3D gaming as well as excellent video playback
Dolby Digital 5.1 Sound
40 gig IBM ATA 100 7200rpm Hard Drive
56K PCI Modem
Acer 8x4x32x CDRW
Standard 3.5 floppy Drive
5 Piece Altec Lancing Speaker system
17” ViewMate Monitor Max res 1600 X 1200
Gateway 2000 keyboard
Microsoft USB optical wheel mouse

Software

Microsoft XP Professional w/Service Pack 1 installed
Office XP Software Package
Nero Burning Rom (CD Writer software)
Adobe Photoshop 6.0 Photo editing Software
Other software available and MANY Games if you want them. I will also include a free 50 pack of Fuji 80 minute recordable CD’s.

$900.00 or Best Offer.

Remember I know you guy's could build it for much cheaper. But this is a system with all the software preinstalled and everythign preassembled already. No work involved for the buyer. So is it a decent asking price in your opinion?

Last edited:
uh the software is worth that much... i charge my clients about $1600-$1800 for a setup verry similar to that one...(with windows xp only no apps no games...)

Photoshop = $649

Crank it up higher if you are giving the software with it... or do you just have the bootleg version?

Not bootleged. But it is a limited addition I got with a harddrive or something in the past.

I think you can get $1000, especially if you do the old "I'm the computer guy and if it bombs out I'll help you fix it" routine. Just gotta get ahold of your rich computer illiterate buddies!

cursor said:
I think you can get $1000, especially if you do the old "I'm the computer guy and if it bombs out I'll help you fix it" routine. Just gotta get ahold of your rich computer illiterate buddies!
That's the whole plan :)
I'm gonna print it out and take it to work on Monday. Then they'll hang it on the Bulletin board so everyone will see it. I'll go to there house and set it all up for them and everything.

I sure hope it sells. That will get me thru the Holiday's and in January I can start building a brand new Box from scratch. Been a while since I've been able to do that for myself. I can't wait. I think I may try the Intel side of thing's this time. It's been a couple of years since I been on the other side. Those northwood's are tasty looking considering how good they overclock.
I did build a system for a guy I work with with a 1.6 gig northwood. I must say I was pretty impressed with it performance wise. I wanted to overclock it SO BAD just to see what it would do but I did'nt.

Last edited:
well, for that price i wouldn't put 'or best offer' at the end. that system is well worth $1,000, you don't want to start haggling the price.

john240sx said:
well, for that price i wouldn't put 'or best offer' at the end. that system is well worth $1,000, you don't want to start haggling the price.
I think your right. I'm gonna take that out of there.

Back