• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

An overclocking problem...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MEMex

I have an Asus MEB mobo with a Celery 466 (66.8 fsb)
(see sig for specs)

Well anywho, to the point, i have been messing around with it to see how much i can get this baby up to, it wont go 100.3 but will work on 75 and 83.3 mhz fsb...

Heres the problem with thos two, it'll go throught the bios just fine, load up to windows, then when it flicks back and forth quick through the loading windows98 screen then to dos then back to the win98 loading screen, in between the two screens (would be looking at the dos screen) the comp just sits there with about every 5 secounds the hardrive would blink...

I'm really stumped on this one, I changed it back to 66.8 fsb and it works fine...

Does anybody know what i'm doing wrong here :confused:

You're not doing anything wrong. It's a rarity with that chip to hit a 100Mhz FSB with standard cooling. You may want to try raising your Vcore just a little to see if you gain any stability.

I'm not really sure how to raise the v-core...
I think i know what ur talking about :rolleyes:

If i dont respond to this message, i probably burned my house down :D

Well, i didn't burn the house down :p

Still no go, just loads a hella faster and freezes at the same spot...

What i did was flipped a dip swicth "VIO" setting from 3.50 to 3.66 volt.

I thought the computer was going to explode when i touched the power button :) I never seen the fans spin so fast :burn:

I'll be around tonight/morning to give responses, i hope this can be solved :eh?:

*bump*

Still having problems with satbility, the cpu/mobo is well under operating temps *sig* so overheating isn't a problem...

Back