• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VCD Or SVCD On Standalone DvD Players???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DUREX

Disabled
hey guys whats the best standalone dvd player good for playing VCD or SVCD i need a player that if i burn a vcd the standalone plays the cd??? any suggestions

I have a Toshiba SD-125E standalone DVD player. It plays DVD's (obviously!), VCD's (MPEG-1) and MP3 CD's.......

I make my own VCD's of home movies, connect the camcorder (an 8mm Sony) to my Radeon, and record away. TMPGEnc converts it to MPEG-1, and away I go.......

fry's had a sale on a dvd player that plays vcd, svcd, mp3 and of course dvd's for 49 bux. its a good player so far, had to replace my apex ad-703 3 disc that i got 1yr ago. i was gonna get another apex ad-1200 player for 60 bux at CC but saw the add at fry's and got that one.

only caus i tryed this cheapo dvd player coudlnt get it to work maybe its the wya i burned t i dunno

filip04 said:
vcd is better quality than svcd, so as long as it has vcd, ur ok

vcd BETTER than svcd?????????

sorry, that's not correct.
maybe you meant that vcd format is more useful than svcd, because it only takes two cd's per movie instead of 4........?????
but if you meant better as in quality of picture, that's just not right.

durex
any player with mp3 support will work fine. the problem with the cheapest models is that they sometimes work, sometimes don't. you might wanna save a little more money and spend it on a better brand.

I would go for the Apex 1100W since it's the cheapest.
They sell these at Walmart for a nice $57 or so.
the following link is a guide on which Apex 1100W to get and the firmware upgrade to make it macrovision-free, region-free, and RCE-immune! It also has vcd/svcd support! iIf you ask me, for $57 you can't go wrong :D enjoy!

http://www.nerd-out.com/darrenk/1100W/1100W.htm

Ive just got a Phillips DVD723 which has Chroma Upsampling to prevent bleeding of colours, high quality digital zoom, RGB on scart and a Sub Woofer output for that extra bass effect. The DVD723 can play DVD / VCD / SVCD / CDR-RW / CDDA discs and also adds MP3 playback. The player also features Dolby Digital multi-channel sound for 5.1 channel sound and digital and RCA outputs.. Its great :D

UnseenMenace said:
Ive just got a Phillips DVD723 which has Chroma Upsampling to prevent bleeding of colours, high quality digital zoom, RGB on scart and a Sub Woofer output for that extra bass effect. The DVD723 can play DVD / VCD / SVCD / CDR-RW / CDDA discs and also adds MP3 playback. The player also features Dolby Digital multi-channel sound for 5.1 channel sound and digital and RCA outputs.. Its great :D

how much?

edit: beat me by 10 secs

toshiba sd-210e here. won the best buy under £400 when it was released, and its successor (the sd-220e) won the award this year.

i can vouch for there quality. can be had for just over £100 over here in the u.k - its really the only dvd-player you should consider

Back