• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

some claw/sledgehammer pics...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well as with the PIVs, you could always remove the heatspreader.

and HDJ, what do you mean we wont even have FSB options on these? you scare me with this informaition

The hammer line of cpu's has the northbridge integrated on the die. The fsb runs at full speed. What you want to change is not the fsb, but the memory bus. This will not increase the speed of the cpu.

Everybody read up on hammer architecture!

I think what he means is like we can change the memory speed while the FSB stays the same like FSB + 33 or something like that, so that will be the only thing we can change, the FSB itself stays as it was, same with the CPU speed. I still think that we or the first pioneers will find a way to OC the chips themselves.

Oh ya! Now I remember that (about the North Bridge and the FSB). That must be one of its best features except for the 63bit thing. Theoretically since it is 64bit it should be double the speed per megahert. Kinda like those Mac-In-Trash systems, will we actually see double? I doubt we will!

have a look at the chip though,was made in usa, not the fab in germany.

also is was made last year, these are only photos of the engineering samples from last year @800mhz.

Probably more like 1.6 to 2.2 Ghz. But they'll have a rating of 3000+ to 3600+, especially when using a 64 bit OS.

There going to still do the whole lower clock speed but equal to a pentium thing? Also why is the heat spreader worse for water cooling? I also hear that the sledgehammer will keep the old architecture and the new pentiums will have some fresh one..anyone care to elaborate?

Benno said:
have a look at the chip though,was made in usa, not the fab in germany.

also is was made last year, these are only photos of the engineering samples from last year @800mhz.

r u mean "these r prototype photos"?

Those hammers are going to be great. I am definitely going to get one of those some day!!! Anyone know how rediculously expensive they might be (i hope not!). I hope AMD doesnt pull an Intel and overcharge too much. Thats one of the worst things about intel.

Back