• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

the thing about pentium haveing that chip in their cpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jiggydrag

Registered
anyone have a link to a site with info about intel haveing 'spyware,' if thats what you'd call, it in their chips?
thx in advance

Intel used to serial number their processors so they could keep track of them but this was stopped because people complained about privacy.

Intel is going to implement something new in the future into the hardware itself that's supposed to do things like stop viruses and things like that. But it might also stop people from doing things like pirating. No one really knows that much about it right now. Microsoft is also coming out with something called Palladium that's supposed to do similar things.

yeah that stuff you talked about at the end.. does anyone know any links to more info i remember spending about 45 mins reading a write up about it. my cousin wants to know
thx

THX! any more info would be appreciated just want to know.. I am an AMD guy myself but i heard they are plannin on gettin this stuff too.. this'll suck hopefully someone will find a way around these things :)

Sounds something like the anti-P2P thing that was all around here some time ago. Its like theyre slowly implementing it so noone will know the difference.

Yeah both Intel and AMD are gonna use something in the future... The theory is that since it's built into the hardware itself, it can't be hacked. I don't know about that... we'll just have to wait and see.

I think the only reason Microsoft wants to use Palladium is to make themselves even more of a monopoly than they really are.

progamer said:

I think the only reason Microsoft wants to use Palladium is to make themselves even more of a monopoly than they really are.

Not true.......Palladium is about better data security.

Windows (all versions from 95 to XP) is not really a secure OS. All Microsoft is doing is creating a secure OS (mainly for business use).

See the Microsoft overview here

And you don't do anything naughty with your PC anyway, do you?;)

Back