• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fuzzy

I have my voltage set at 1.78 by default. I really want to break 2ghz on air cooling but i know my chances are verrrrrrry slim. I at least want to break over 177 fsb and so forth so i was curious if 1.78 is a low voltage and should go to 1.85 or to 2 or is doing this not worth it and just risking my comp :eek: My temps seem pretty low for aircooling so i was thinking i could posibly up it. Any advice?

PS-my specs are in my sig :) :cool:

vcore

I would raise the voltage to at least 1.85 if your temps are ok. R
aise the vdimm too, it may help you get the FSB up.

raise the vdimm to what, lol i never touched those other settings yet, too scared :D

raise it by 0.05 or 0.1 and see what happens. the vdimm should be fine to upto about 2.8, then I'd get some RAM cooling

ram

I think your board offers +.1v, +.2v, and +.3v for vdimm. Default is 2.5v. I run mine at 2.85v. Go for 1.85vcore and +.2v vdimm, and try for more FSB. If you hit some instability, try raising the vdimm up to +.3v and see if it helps.

ok i raised the vdimm to +.2v and got up to 160 fsb stable. I didn't know how to up the vcore because it seemed unchangable in BIOS so I installed the EasyTune 4 from gigabyte cd, does this program work as well as going into BIOS and changing :)

*EDIT*

Is it possible to reach 166 fsb with 1.75 vcore?

Last edited:
Back