• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

couple of questions on air cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

a1cnolan

okay couple of questions..

best kind of fan for AX-7.. i read an article saying it liked low cfm.. why would that be. i know it does better with the fan blowing on it but i need to be able to cool my processor better. my case temps are about ambiant but i want to get my processor temps down.
also...
how do i get accurate readings of my temperatures. ive read a lot on how motherboards are innacurate. so how do i read my temps accurately and how much is it going to cost me.

any ideas on how to get my cpu temps lower. i know i need some artic silver but what else can i do.

Actually the Ax-7 will cool the best with the highest cfm fan you can stand. I have one on a Gigabyte board with an XP 2100+ using a Smart fan 2. It keeps temp to about 43C at full load. For temp monitoring. You can use something like the Digital Doc 5 wich will let you directly read the Cpu die temp. Or with newer motherboards that directly read the internal CPU temp.

a1cnolan said:
okay couple of questions..

best kind of fan for AX-7.. i read an article saying it liked low cfm.. why would that be.

AX-7 is the best heatsink for low cfm, low noise, undervolted fans. (better than slk 800), probably due to its sheer size, when it comes to tornados or delta screamers, SLK800 is the best

Back