• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New PC problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SmellyDraws

Registered
ok guys. I just got done building my new PC not long ago. I am having a big problem now that is totally screwing me up.

My PC is constantly locking up. It always does it when I play my CDs and games, making it impossible to do either. Here are my specs:
P4 2.4B
Soyo P4X400 Dragon Ultra
Leadtek TI4600
Corsair XMS PC3500

This is not due to overheating because my cpu is running at 26 degrees. Everything is at stock.

Any help on why it keep freezing would help me out alot.

*bump* lol plz I am very eager to play MOHAA....btw I was trying to flash the BIOS. The instructions said to make a Win98 boot disk and to restart the PC and then use your other disk that you copied your Awdflash and BIOS upgrade to. Well I restart my PC and insert the Win98 boot disk I copied and all it says is that it is an Invalid System Disk. I think flashing my BIOS would fix the problem, but I can't do it. I have been tryin to fix this prob for 8 hours now and getting ready to see if I can fix the problem with a baseball bat.

Does it only do it when you're doing CPU intensive tasks? Or is it at random? Or does it happen when things are loading?

I'm suspecting faulty RAM. But did you install your OS on a freshly formatted hard drive when you first started using this hardware?

Lets back up a second, you say your cpu is 26*

Now either you have a very,very cold room or your using a Peltier or some other supercooling as 26* using Air or plain h20 is next to impossible without a Peltier or chiller.

26* is 78 degrees farenheit, and thats impossible using air, even for idle temps unless your room is like an igloo. Or your temp monitoring is whacked.

Let me ask you this, did you use freshly formatted hdd? That solves many issues. Also there is a patch for MOHAA and if you dont have the patch it will lock up.

I'm just shooting out possible scenarios here.

I am sorry my temps are 43 degrees, I misread them. I did use a freshly formatted Hard Drive too. I rly hope it is not faulty RAM.

Back