• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

why anticsilver3 and not articsilver3?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Kendan said:

Just in case you missed it. Does that tube of antec silver have the label like Nevin described? You probably have a tube of old stuff from Antec which I am sure was not AS3. not to mention he said silver not reference. :D

Yeah in case you missed it, in this link thaa\t was posted earlier, the tube says *blur* Reference or Antec Reference. I have the exact same tube, and it works like a$$...well almost as bad. :p

The name of the Antec product and the printing on the label did not change. The telltale sign is that the label wraps ALL the way around the tube and OVERLAPS itself.

Nevin

LittlePiggie said:

Yeah in case you missed it, in this link thaa\t was posted earlier, the tube says *blur* Reference or Antec Reference. I have the exact same tube, and it works like a$$...well almost as bad. :p

Hey Little Piggy, You are wrong. read this it is a quote from Nevin earlier in this thread.
Actually, current Antec silver compound with a label that wraps all the way around the tube and slightly overlaps and all PCtoys brand silver compound will perform identically to AS3.

(If you get my drift.)
Do you see the part I bolded. Now go look at the tube you have. If it does not say Antec silver or have the label that is overlapped then it will not behave the same as AS3. Not even to mention
that the link you posted says OCZ QuickSilver Compound and has a blurred picture of Antec Reference. Have a nice day:D

Edit: Thanks Nevin for the post I missed it while I was typing and will retract my statement about it being called Silver. But the label will still have to overlapped. And Piggy is just trying to push things. The part I have bolded is still the main thing.

Edit2: After rereading your post Piggy I think I might have been a little harsh. I appologise for that. As to you having the old stuff and it not working well. I say go splurge on a new tube I am sure you will be happier with it as long as the label overlaps:sn:

Last edited:
Back