• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best way to burn in cpu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nymph

Is the best way to burn in a cpu to have the multiplier and FSB at defaults and the voltage at the max? What is the best software to use and how long?

i wouldn't set the voltage to Max, some motherboards have really high VCore options and you could fry the chip. also, it depends on what processor you have.

i used 1.85VCore and 24 hours of toast on high priority on my XP1600.

What seems to work good for me is to leave it stock and make sure it is stable and then try different fsb and multiplier speeds along with voltages and bump it up in increments.

One of the programs that I have found to work extremely well is Hot CPU Pro for burning the processor in as well as testing the stability of the RAM, CPU.

I've got a t-bird 1000mhz..... im rock solid stable at an overclock of 7.5x160 and my v-core is set at 1.85 (thats the highest I can go through my bios) but I think with my MOBO at the 1.85 setting my v-core is actually around 1.90 anyway... im thinking of burning at the overclock setting i just listed? my temps are around 39 idle and 41-42 load.... think that is safe to do or should I burn at my defualt cpu setting? And at the 1.85 v-core? Thanks..

nymph

If you are already running that speed just burn it in there.

Temps look good too!

SiSoft Sandra has a good burn-in program. :):):) Or, you can bump up the Vcore until it unsable then back off 2. Run it for a while like that is a good way too burn-in. :):):)

I have been burning in for about 9 hours so far.... im using the toast program cuz that seems to put the most strain on my cpu and my temps (more than cpu burn in or 3d mark) it got my temps up to 47 wheras the others never got above 44... Im at 1.85v core and 7.5x160... Ill leave it on for 24 hours like this and see what happens.....

Back