• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dirt cheap TbredA 1700+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

waver123

Just picked up a dirt cheap TbredA 1700+ combo at Frys....

they've a combo deal XP1700+ box CPU with ECS K7S5A motherboard for $79. Newegg is selling box 1700+ for $65 and $58 for OEM so I figure this is a pretty good deal.

The code of the box Tbred I got is

AXDA1700DLT3C
AIUGA 0238UPIW

:D

I think Newegg used to have it for sale at $58, guess they weren't selling enough then. Is Fry's a local store or online? And does the deal have to be with a motherboard or can you buy it by itself?

It's mainly a california chain, I think they bought some chains around texas area like incredible universe or something. Also they bought an online operation called outpost but I don't think you can get the deal online.

Also attached a jpeg shot of the chip :p

I bought same combo in San Jose Bay Area Fry's too.

My CPU is AIUGA 0240....

This is a just one day deal.

Go to Fry's to buy it if there is a one near your area.

Just setup everything as my 2nd system and find out the K7S5a board doesn't seem to have a way to modify the multiplier setting :bang head I guess that's why they bundled these stuff cheap

Oh well need to take it apart tomorrow to oc it....

Well it overclocks great. Try 2 ghz on air!!!!!!!!, I myself am running it at 1909mhz 11.5*166. Is stable 1.75v. I am still testing and working things out. But I bet I should be able to get 2ghz. most people due, who have this stepping. I have good ram, psu, and mobo. This is a great chip for only 60$$$$. look around at people woho have this stepping AIUGA. This is one sweet chip.

nice

peppy said:
Well it overclocks great. Try 2 ghz on air!!!!!!!!, I myself am running it at 1909mhz 11.5*166. Is stable 1.75v. I am still testing and working things out. But I bet I should be able to get 2ghz. most people due, who have this stepping. I have good ram, psu, and mobo. This is a great chip for only 60$$$$. look around at people woho have this stepping AIUGA. This is one sweet chip.

very sweet o/c you got there. what caught my eye was the vcore. that's not a lot of juice at all. what are your temps looking like on these xp1700 t-breds guys(and gals)?
:) :burn: :burn: :burn:

Back