• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oem Sempron 3100+ & ECS Nforce3 motherboard combo for $79 + S/H (no rebates)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, just waiting on package... and if anyone else can verify that they recieved one too.

I'm done tweaking my outpost combo. Here's the final OC

cpu-z_ss_1.jpg

This setup is noticeably faster than my old rig. I didn't need benchmarks to verify it, I could readily feel the difference. But I got some numbers anyway. All hardware was identical for these tests except the CPU and mobo.

Previous socket A rig - Sempron 2400+ @ 2.2Ghz (10 * 220, mem 1:1)
Super Pi 32m - 41m 59s
3DMark2k1 - 13,700 3D marks

Sempron 3100+ @ stock speed (mem @ 200Mhz - 1:1)
Super Pi 32m - 42m 10s
3DMark2k1 - 14,200 3D marks

Sempron 3100+ @ 2.25Ghz (9 * 250, mem @ 204.5Mhz w/ divider)
Super Pi 32m - 36m 49s
3DMark2k1 - 15,400 3D marks

As you can see, at stock settings this socket 754 sempy was giving up 400Mhz on the CPU and 20Mhz on the memory and was still as fast or faster than my socket A rig was. Once I cranked it up it blew the old rig away.

Final note - I did not have to lower the HT from 4x, it's rock solid stable as is. However, I did have to disable AGP sidebanding and fastwrites. I managed to get a 3DMark test in with them enabled and it improved the results about 150 marks, or roughly 1%. But the system was very unstable. Since I disabled those two features I've had no instability at all, including a marathon 2 day Prime torture test (during the hottest days of the year so far, room ambient got up to 80) without a hitch.

It's a dead deal. The combo went up to $100 but now it's completely gone. I'm sure Fry's / Outpost will bring it back though. It first appeared a couple months ago and is an on-and-off sale.

OCS911 said:
if you have Fry's near by, you can get 3100+ Sempron w/ ECS nForce4 motherboard for $79 plus tax, better deal
I might just have to pic that up. I wonder how well it folds?

EDIT - DOH!

"Price Good from Wednesday, Apr 19, 2006 through Thursday, Apr 20, 2006."

Link

never hurt to try, maybe still same price. I just got it yesterday, nice cheap system I'm going to build with $19 shipped X600 that I got from ebay :)

OCS911 said:
never hurt to try, maybe still same price. I just got it yesterday, nice cheap system I'm going to build with $19 shipped X600 that I got from ebay :)
I though the X600 from fleabay was PCI-E this board is AGP and PCI only B/C its an NF3 not NF4

ok just put a order in,you guys still happey with it. and all i have at this time for this setup is pc2700 will it work.

PC2700 will work, you'll just have to use a lower divider. And I'm extremely happy with my combo, as is my brother with his.

maelstromracing said:
http://www.amdcompare.com/us-en/des...100AIO3BA&opn=SDA3100AIO3BO&opn=SDA3100AIO3BX
AMD Linky.
My part #:SD3100AIP3AX Says it's 32bit. I am re-installing WIn2K on the file server so I will know shortly. (I know, I could have live CD'd 64bit ubuntu, but either way, the file server got upgraded). Fingers crossewd.
Ya, that was mentioned in all the other threads at slickdeals, AT and [H] etc, but sure enough most everyone that's tested it claims they're 64bit enabled.

G'luck with testing

Back