• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with unlocking kit! It's ****ing me off!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amino

Ok, I'm REALLY sorry if this has been posted already, but I'm pretty ****ed off as I've been at this unlocking bit for something like 2 and a half hours now.

I dont know what the hell I'm doing wrong, but I ordered an unclocking kit from HighSpeedPC.com and used it exactly the way they said to.

I was sure nothing was connected to anything it wasn't supposed to be. But I still can't get my multip[liers to work. The first time I tried it, I got other multipliers to work, but they were messed up... When I set it to 10.5, it gave me 11.0. When I set it to 9.5, it gave me 7.5. When I set it to 10, it gave me 8.0... What the heck is that???

Now it won't work at all, and I've tried cleaning off stuff from my CPU with the acetone they supply, but it just leaves marks everywhere. It's caused discoloration in my CPU's brown areas, and DOES NOT remove the themal paste I've got on there. I mean, it'll take some of it off, but it'll smear like crazy!, Now I'm having a really hard time keeping it off the other Lx dots. I'm beginning to wonder if I've messed my CPU up. It's running all right now, but I really don't know...

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong with the acetone/the unlocking? I'm pretty darn frustrated!

One problem is that I think your 2X Bit value is set to Low indicating that is may not be properly closed - hence the value of multiplier you are getting is less than the expected value by 2 in the range 5 thru to 10.5 so check the 3rd L1 bridge to may sure it is done correctly. The extra 0.5 value indicates a problem with the 0.5X Bit value and therefore a problem with the 1st L1 bridge
John C has done some excellent work in decyphering multis - it takes a few reads to understand but makes unlocking probs easier to understand.
http://www.beachlink.com/candjac/MultiCode.htm

man...I know how ya feel...I ruined a perfectly good 1800+ trying to unlock it...and when I did get my 1600+ unlocked...I blew up my ram and mobo...had pc2100 running at 324mhz...it blew and took my mobo with it.

Back