• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

power

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hmm.. have to add that to list of common problems:

1- Have you reseated your CPU, HSF, and RAM?
2- Cleared CMOS?
3- Checked PSU for snakes?

:)

Snakes loved dark hiding places, so a PSU fits the bill. for a few seconds me might enjoy the fact that it's warming up. But PSUs get really hot. So then he'll try to leave the way he came.

Makes sense to me... (I like snakes btw)
I'm still disturbed by the dead rat one.

MMM. Fried Snake. You can still see the char marks, btw. Out here, I might worry about garter snakes, but I am more worried about mice.

Yes, a snake in the power supply could be a problem but that site looks like a hoax to me.

In the top pic, I see something around 6cm of snake hanging through the fan. In the bottom pic, I see a whole snake. I don't have any idea how much torque the fan has but how did the snake get where it was uninjured?

Malpine Walis said:
Yes, a snake in the power supply could be a problem but that site looks like a hoax to me.

In the top pic, I see something around 6cm of snake hanging through the fan. In the bottom pic, I see a whole snake. I don't have any idea how much torque the fan has but how did the snake get where it was uninjured?

Could be, the puter was turned off.

Well, I had not considered the possibility but a computer that is not switched on should make no noise, hissing or otherwise. Also, if it were switched on just as the snake was on it's way out, I still think the snake would have some visible injury. PSU fans are not as powerful as deltas but snake bones are pretty tiny and ought to have been crushed by even a tiny force.

Back