• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE FSP Hydro G Pro ATX 3.0 1000W Power Supply Overview

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Feature-scaled.jpg
Today we look at the FSP Hydro G Pro ATX 3.0 1000-Watt power supply. The Hydro G Pro has been out for many years, but with Intel's new ATX 3.0 standard FPS has decided to update one of its most popular products. Additionally, graphics cards have become increasingly demanding, drawing up to 200% of their rated thermal design power (TDP) for short bursts. To provide this extra power, a new 12+4 pin connector (12VHPWR) has been incorporated to ensure older, less capable power supplies aren't used with the heavy draw GPUs. This overview will highlight everything about the updated Hydro G Pro ATX 3.0 features.
Click here to read more!

I like what FSP does in the latest PSU series. New PSUs look and work better than they used to.
I have the same PSU in tests right now, and it's quiet with Ryzen 7950X+RTX4080 under high load, and it doesn't require eco mode. I guess they just limited the fan's max speed as it spins slower than it's rated. I still use eco mode as it's not causing so much dust to gather inside the PSU.
Braided cables would be a perfect finish, at least for higher units. Painting is already better than in older series.

Back