• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

q bout unlocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hippopotumus

Registered
to unlock the xp, u just need to fill gaps and then use a conductive material to close em right??
would this cheap method work :
i'm gonna use crayon to fill
and i have some extra as3. is that conductive? it has silver in it =P

else i can go get some of the defogger stuff, but conductive grease is like 10 bucks...only need to unlock one chip

hmm i think the as3 will give you a problem....

From their wesite::

Arctic Silver 3 was formulated to conduct heat, not electricity. It is only electrically conductive in a thin layer under extreme compression.

i would say, pick up a tube of superglue, and then go get the defogger kit and you are set. As for myself, i got the kit from www.highspeedpc.com , it worked wonders, but i only used this method because there was no defogger paint to be found at the time :\

NAS

ok thanks. i'm gonna try the crayon and defogger or see if radioshack has some sort of grease because i just ordered alot of stuff and my dad is sorta mad, thinks its more expensive to build a computer then to buy a prebuilt pos...dads..sigh

Back