• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Innovatek set 2... am I gonna be happy with this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vedder323

Yeah, I just ordered this guy as my first wc... The thing was really expensive and I was hoping to get some positive feedback. All the reviews I read gave it a thumbs up but I have never talked to anyone who owns one. Anybody???

I've been very pleased with my innovatek kit. I wasn't confident enough to build my own watercooling setup which is why I opted for the innovatek kit.

It's taught me alot about watercooling and it's easily upgradable.

The only thing I don't like is the thin tubing. It's just under 3/8" (10mm). With people using 3/8" and 1/2" I can't but feel I need thicker tubing.

Other than that it's an excellent kit. The cpu block is pure quality and installation doesn't involve taking your entire PC apart to get your mobo out. It just clips on the socket lugs like most heatsinks.

omniphallic said:
Everything about the Innovatek is pure quality except for the small tube size [5/16"] and their Innovatek Single Fan 120mm Radiator. For $69.99 consumers shouldn't need to cut down the edges on the radiator just to fit it into a 5.25 bay.

Bottom line: If you decide to go with Innovatek upgrade to 10mm Fittings and purchase a DTek Heater Core with 3/8" hose barbs.

I have to agree with omni. Innovateks are good kit but too expensive for what you can get at the same price. But nevertheless it will perform well.

TY everyone... I think I will upgrade to what you suggested. However, about the tubing... Where can I buy better stuff and how hard is it to find that size?

Vedder323 said:
TY everyone... I think I will upgrade to what you suggested. However, about the tubing... Where can I buy better stuff and how hard is it to find that size?
I used 5/16" I.D. Tygon from mcmaster.com and it works great.....reamed out the captive nuts to make the stock fittings work. I'm very happy with the whole thing. This shows what I did and how.

Do I need to worry about condensation with this setup? What should I do to prepare for this problem.

Vedder323 said:
Do I need to worry about condensation with this setup? What should I do to prepare for this problem.
No, ya don't have to worry about condensation.....that's for the peltier and refrigeratin' crowds. Just make sure it doesn't leak and get rid of the air bubbles.....you'll be fine. :p

Vedder323 said:
After thinking about all your suggestions... I came up with an idea instead of using the radiator. Here is the victim...
http://groups.msn.com/Veddershomepage/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=42
What do guys think? I could drill 2 holes in this guy and have my water cooled at a chilling 40 degrees... Im new to this and just trying to be creative. Feedback is always appreciated.

If you don't ming having a cooler all the time by your computer and can have this cooler maintain the cool of the water go for it. Otherwise, I would keep it simple for the first time and go with the rad.

Dutchcedar... you have read my mind bud... What could I do to deal with this? I have researched a lil and found a few links talking about Dielectic grease??? Is this the only option if I run into prob's???

Protecting against condensation usually means a lot of slicone sealing and neoprene pads for insulation.

Ideally you would want any potential condensation areas to be insulated from air so that condensation can't form on them. They also use neoprene pads as an further insulation.

Dielectric grease is generally used in socket areas to aid in an air-tight seal.

hmmm, maybe Dutch is right... too much work... sigh. Oh well, its always been handy for a Ice cold beer!

Back