• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this kit any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TUK101

I am wanting to break into liquid cooling, and to simplify things I am seriously thinking about getting this kit....http://www.svcompucycle.com/theraqiiliqc.html
So is this kit any good, and is it worth the money? It does not look like the radiator is very big, but the review at www.hardocp.com says that it is sufficient. Let me know what you think, and feal free to make suggestions. By the way, I am picking up a chieftech server tower case off of these forums as we speek.

OK, guys. So help me out in either putting together a descent kit, or finding an already good assemled kit.

Well, that $120 seemed to be plenty just to OC the crap out of an already fast chip lol.

C'mon, somebody help us out with what is some good stuff to buy, that will fit into that $100-120 range.;)

I would recommend you go here. www.logiccooling.com
Get the 700gph pump for $30
Pro Core combo. 50
and the db-2 40

Total would be $130 with shipping I think. Or you can get the block from dtekcustom.com the dc-4

I would get something along these lines:

TC-4 or a waterblock by Neomoses or Jfettig
$30-$48

Danner Mag 3 (I like danners)
$45

Plastic Barbs
$3 from home depot

Chevette Heatercore
$20 from an autoparts store

120mm fan
$10

Shroud
Free - make it yourself

5' of 1/2 ID vinyl tubing
$5ish at homedepot

10 hose clamps
$5

$118 - $136 :)

I second Giblet. You can get very effective watercooling on the cheap if you converty your own heatercore and make a shroud out of cardboard/duct tape. There are many pumps such as the Via Aqua, maxi-jet, and the LT700 that can be had for under $35.

Saving money in those areas will allow you to still get a great performing block, and the performance of the system will not be compromised.

Back