• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Adding GPU Block

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeathONator

This is how my system will be configured:

Maxi-jet1200 submeged in reservoir, to
Heatercore, to
Waterblock made by me (1 inlet, 2 outlets), (back to reservoir)

Now where and how would I add a GPU Block? Do most people run them inline? Before or after the CPU?

Thanks,
Bryan

you could add a chipset block and run 1 line to each from the cpu block, make it act like a splitter. In reality it shouldnt matter what order you would put them in. if you had a good nonrestrictive gpu block you could run it frst before the cpu block....

theres no reason to be worried, with regular flow the water will only heat up about .5c at maximum.

It depends on the quality of your radiator - adding a second radiator may reduce flow, and may be unneeded. If a second is used, it would be better to match the first. I use a BIX and the GPU waterblock didn't affect CPU temps at all when run inline just after the CPU. If anything it helped the CPU by having less heat from the GPU exhausted into the case.

yeh your right there is no need for a second rad if the main one is good enough to cope with the extra heat that the gpu puts into the system.

Back