• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

check this b4 I buy it (dtek stuff)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kanab

Registered
Hi guys. I'm a novice at water cooling, but I've been studying up from this site and its boards. I decided that I'd go with Dtek customs since they seem to be pretty popular. Following are my choices (i didn't want to buy a kit)

Waterblock:

TC-4 rev 2. alum top

Pump:

Via Aqua 1300

is this a cheapo pump? it was really affordable and high GPH thats why I went with it :p

Tubing/fittings/resevoir:

10 ft clearflex
10 clamps
Dtek "bayres" resevoir which goes in one of ur 5 1/4 bays. Sounded cool and said it was less of a pain to fill than T line w/ bleed-fill

Radiator:

Heatercore w/ shroud

Is this all I'll need and are there any suggestions for improvement? I'm interested in getting this pretty soon and their kits are unavailable.

Looks good to me, but if you do a seach on this forums for the Via Aqua pumps your going to find that about half the people that own it love it and half don't. If your willing to spend more money the I would suggest the tried and true Ehiem 1250 pump. It's a lot bigger and costs more than the Via Aqua, but I have heard nothing but good things about this pump. I personally own the Ehiem pump, havent installed it yet (waiting on the rest of my computer upgrades), but after dealing with an el cheapo pump on my first wc setup, I decided to go with what has already been proven to be a very good pump.

AS you can see in my other post, I would go for the eheim. I regret buying my hydor. The res is a must if you want a quick and easy fill, I have the heatercore and shroud from d-tek which seem great (Havent been able to use it to cool yet)

Also, it is good that you are buying your tubing from d-tek. I went ot home depot and lowes and could only get thick walled tubing that is wrapped rather than clear.

Looks good, just reconsider on the pump!

Also... a lot of people like the similarly priced (to the via) Maxi-jet 1200. It does require a slight mod to the imput, but do a search and you'll see. Search my name for my solution.

Back