• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HyperX pc3000 $48!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
TyRex said:

one thing i've learned on trying to get high fsb in an NF2 board is good cooling of the NB, especially when you up the chipset voltage.

yeah, i've been seeing that on alot of different boards lately... perhaps i'll take lap and apply some ASII to the chipset fan soon. my memory on the other hand is not even warm to the touch really, and either is my AX-7, at full load i get somewhere in the area of 40ish C

John

I've got an IT7 running at 175 FSB with Corsair XMS 3200. I ordered 1 stick of the HyperX 3500 for another rig I was working on. I decided to test it in the rig I had running, pulled out the XMS, and replaced it with the HyperX. It wouldn't even post until I lowered the FSB to 145, so I RMAed it. The replacement stick got to 155. I should have been able to get this up to at least 210 FSB. The memory was being run at relaxed timings, and a 1:1 ratio.

Kingston, when I called the second time, said this memory is NOT tested on Intel chipsets.

Buy it at your own risk, even if you return it, you are still paying shipping.

steve

newegg also has the 512mb stick of HyperX PC3000 for $87 shipped. I ordered one last week and it's at 195 mhz x 10 at CL 2 timing. I was very impressed by these memory so i ordered another stick which will arrive tomorrow.

hey gtsimmo

iam also running this pc3000 stick @ 205fsb
do u think this can run dual 2 x 512 @ 200fsb ?

I really cant stress to people enough how good this ram is, especially for the price. You may find some cheaper ram like OCZ or generics that are rated faster, but the quality of this ram is far superior in every way I cant think of.

Back