• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How big should the PS be? Case light problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CPanther2003

Registered
First of all here's my rig:

P4PE MB fully loaded
P4 2.4B c1 processor w Thermaltake Spark 7 at 5400 rpm
4 led lighted Antec fans, approx 2500 rpm's ea
SB Audigy card
Albatron TI4800V video card
80 gig main drive, 40 gig 2nd drive
16X dvd drive
40x12 CDRW drive
430 watt Antec True Power Supply

I haven't had 1 problem with this ps. It's been great. I tried to add 2 cold cathode case lights tonight, a 2 light UV black light PCToys set from Compusa. I tried to cut in on after I cut the computer back on and the power dropped big time on my Thermaltake CPU fan, and on all my case fans. I cut it off immediately. Voltage, according to the box is 620V.
The 2 lights are wired together.

I figured that this 430 watt ps could handle the lighted case fans and a cold cathode or 2. Is something wrong with the PS, or am I trying to put too much in here at 1 time.

ok well.... looks like you need a bigger one, sparkels are nice but there areent realy a lot bigger PSU's than 550watt, the ones that are are expensive.. so that might do ya... dont be decieved by sparkels inexpensivness...

you could also get a second PSU for your case fans and lights and rig it up to turn on with th other (it is possible i forget exactly how though :()

easiest way is to get one with its own power switch and run a jumper from the green to the black pins on the molex, that leaves it on all the time unless you hit the power button on the back of that psu.... there is a sticky about this. its really rather easy, just read a guide before jumpin **** on you psu :p

*edit*

here

there ya go!

Back