• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Come on learn to use the search.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bashar

I know this has been posted 100 times so Ill do it again....

But come on, on the front page there are 10 threads asking about the same thing everyday. There are 4-5 new threads started eachday asking something you could find doing a search 9500np, 9500np or 9600pro or what card should I buy ect......... I wish we has a sticky on the forums telling how to use the search, maybe people just don't know it's there.

One of the problems w/ search is that you can't search for words less than 4 letters.....makes it hard to search for "Pro" and "NON PRO" and most don't understand the use of the "*"

Face it, if it's not on the 1st page of the forums, and a quick search doesn't do it, it will get asked...over and over and over....

Well, thats why a good sticky thread on how to use search. Maybe a few tips and tricks to get what you want would help solve this problem.

I like it best when 4 out of the first 10 posts is "which amd motherboard is the best?".

Bashar said:
I know this has been posted 100 times so Ill do it again....

But come on, on the front page there are 10 threads asking about the same thing everyday. There are 4-5 new threads started eachday asking something you could find doing a search 9500np, 9500np or 9600pro or what card should I buy ect......... I wish we has a sticky on the forums telling how to use the search, maybe people just don't know it's there.

If you want to be that picky, you should post this thread in the correct place IMHO. That is the Gripes and Moans section. I admit the continuous posting on 9500np mod is a little out of hand. :(

Shade00 said:
Yep. I hate not being able to search for anything under four letters. :(

Actually you can bud. Use an * to make a word at least four characters. For example. You want to search for AMD then in the search box you type AMD*

;)

what a minute there is a search button on this forum ;)

Ya I know what you all mean. Everyone keeps on asking the same thing over and over and over again and have to answer it. Maybe we should just answer there thread with the thread to a previous topic so they can read it and learn without typing it over again and again.

KfistoRok said:

If you want to be that picky, you should post this thread in the correct place IMHO. That is the Gripes and Moans section. I admit the continuous posting on 9500np mod is a little out of hand. :(

Actually you can bud. Use an * to make a word at least four characters. For example. You want to search for AMD then in the search box you type AMD*

;)

pwn3d...

Bashar-
Don't worry about it. If they ask questions someone will answer them, it doesn't haveto be you. If its such a big pet peeve, write up your own "guide" instead of hinting to other people to do it. People have been doing it for a while now and trust me, you won't stop it now...its like AIDS. Just try to overlook those posts.

I think getting people to use the search button is a lost cause. But image how much bandwith could be saved if people did.

I think more stickies could help though. For example, funny's guide should be stickied. Also, James' 9500 mod guide.

bdw8 said:

pwn3d...

Bashar-
Don't worry about it. If they ask questions someone will answer them, it doesn't haveto be you. If its such a big pet peeve, write up your own "guide" instead of hinting to other people to do it. People have been doing it for a while now and trust me, you won't stop it now...its like AIDS. Just try to overlook those posts.

It's not really a pet peeve of mine, as you put it. I would post a guide if I thought it would do any good...... but as you say people dont care, its just the way it has/will be. And after a day it would be on page 3 behind all the "What 9500np to get to mod it" or "I have $100 what card should I buy".

Spam spam spam! Spam in the inbox, spam on the forums! People asking obvious questions that could be easily answered by using the search button!

On the same hand...

Spam from people complaining about spam! If only they had used the search button and found the other 300 posts whining about not using the search button!

And my own spam! Commenting on people complaining about people not using the search function!

And the future spam of America! Someone will whine about my commenting on someone's complaining about the seldomly-used search button.

Oh... it will never stop!

Man I try and use the search everytime I have a question but seriously sometimes when I do a search it comes up with 20+ pages of returns and it just takes way to long to weed through all the crap you don't want to get to the one thread you want.

Back