• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who has ever gotten a mail in rebate back?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Who has ever gotten a mail in rebate back?

• Yes, I've recieved all my rebates

Votes: 633 50.7%
  • No, I am still waiting on my rebate check

Votes: 86 6.9%
  • It is mixed, some I have recieved and some I have not

Votes: 411 32.9%
  • I refuse to use Rebate offers

Votes: 118 9.5%

• Total voters
Ive gotten all my rebates back. A mouse from bestbuy and blank cds from circuit city, there alot more just cant remember.

I have purchased a LOT of stuff from Fry's, like over 300 dollars in rebates, over a year ago. So far I've gotten 1, yes 1 rebate.

Fry's has a policy of putting out post-dated forms. Their forms are always locally copied. (I never figured out why, until all the checks never showed.)

Since that time, I consider rebates as fiction too.

steve

I've gotten all of 'em back, but, naturally, they take too long to get back. I once sent in a Disney rebate and got the prize (a DVD) in about 2-3 weeks.

I got all back, just read the fine printing, they always put something to invalidate it if you forget to do...

out of 100+ rebates, only one company screwed me over, epson. it was a 50 dollar rebate toofor a crapy printer. another one I missded was the USPS's fault.

craigiz1 said:
I have gotten all the rebates I have ever sent in. However, I refuse to use them now. I think they should just lower the darn price if thier going to do it. Why annoy the customer with form's and BS.

Thats what I am saying. lower the prices. I just ignore the rebates now after not getting a couple in the mail.

I generally get all my rebates back. Officemax and Staples have been the best so far. The Maxtor rebates through Staples have been ****ing me off lately though. It has been taking me nearly 3 months to get them after 3~4 emails. I still haven't received my Khypermedia manuf. $25 rebate though. That has been over 2 months. Also haven't received my $10 rebate for Half Life, that will be 4 years in October.

I have receiveda all two of mine. Got two $20 rebates on a UPS from Circuit City that made the final cost one cent. Got that deal last November... Got the rebates in about 4 weeks.

Too bad the UPS has crapped out. :mad:

I have also gotten around 90-95% of mine back as well.

BUT...what I have noticed some doing (TurboTax for example) is making their rebate checks look like a long questionnaire that you have to open (the front had addy's on it, the back had like question #7-9). I thought id open it anyway and TaDaaaa! There was my $30 check along with a slew of questions...

The other $20 rebate came a month or so later and it was in the same format.

As i recall, there was nothing to indicate anything about the rebate in it. A bit tricky, ill bet at least half were thrown away...

I have never gotten rebates back, thus is the reason that I don't buy a product on what the price is after rebates, cause I'm not going to deal with the headache of calling a company once a week to argue with htem for three hours about the money I'm owed.

I'm sick of it, rebates are nothing but a ploy to get fools to spend more money

Got back all of mine, altough my brother didn't get a $40 for a DVD rom drive... bought it the same day as I got my 48x CDRW... and both were LG and the slips sent into the same place.

OFiice Max has the flyer with all the rebate forms in it , I HATE that. BB CC and compusa all print extra rebate reciepts and rebate forms at the register. Makes it easy and I like it that way.
Office Max also only gave me a few days to get it in so I missed it , the others give you a few weeks.

I just recently read an article saying that less then 1/3rd of people send in rebates at all. That is why the stores won't lower the price.

Sent and received one ages ago, for a WD 6GB HD. I think I have a couple still pending, but considering that I can't even remember what I sent them for, I doubt I'll get it :rolleyes:

I've gotten every single one of my rebates back. Never had a problem getting one. Granted, some have taken upwards of six months, but I've never had to badger the companies about it.

Maybe the Canadian offices have better customer service.

I have recieved all of mine back. Granted it took a while on each one but I did recieve them back.

I really don't care for the wait as long as they come back eventually.

:)

Back