• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Long time, no fold!--Back at it ;)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
FYI @=XAF=AfterShock, leaving it up or down didn't matter at all for points. I checked multiple times across different work units.
I think this anecdotal thought stems from the screensaver that affected PPD and we would never use. It always seemed odd that it was included and did more harm than good.

The PPD may appear to drop as a user opens it because they are also using the PC....It's like the cat in the box in Quantum physics...Observing it changes it. :thup:

I have always left them open....When my screen shuts off after 3 minutes it should be as if the window was closed.

The good news is it is a personal preference.

One more quick Q…

Can I put a flag in my advanced settings to make sure the client auto starts on boot up? When I installed I set it to manual only… but it’s storm season and I want to minimize down time in the event of a power failure.

Would I have to un-install and re-install to set properly? Or add flag, and put a shortcut in the “startup” folder?

Can I put a flag in my advanced settings to make sure the client auto starts on boot up? When I installed I set it to manual only… but it’s storm season and I want to minimize down time in the event of a power failure.

Would I have to un-install and re-install to set properly? Or add flag, and put a shortcut in the “startup” folder?
I don't know how to add to startup. So I would finish the WU and install again and when the choice comes up in web interface it will choose run at startup. That's just me I ain't too skilled. :thup:

Doesn't the advanced client have a simple checkbox in the settings? I know it does on initial setup. I'd reinstall too and enable that way if you can't find it in the client.

Back