• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AIW 9700pro/Abit/Antec

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shortyes

I have an antec true power 420W PSU
Abit NF7-S ver 2.0 mobo

my system is running 3 HDD and 1 CDRW plus 3 fans

When I installed a AIW Radeon 9700pro, my system refuse to boot. All the fans would turn on for 1 sec before shutting down.

Thinking the 9700pro was drawing too much power, I unplugged all the HDD, CDRW and the same thing happens. My sysem would not boot.

I borrowed a friend's old Radeon VIVO and it booted fine. My system, that I know of.

Anyone can shed some light please?

ensure that your video card is fully seated in the agp slot. If you still have the problem then my question to you is, are you getting a beep code. If you are look up what the code means in your motherboard manual. The 9700 may be dead. That psu should be enough for all that. Good luck

I had a problem just like that when I built my previous system. I just reseated the card a few times, and moved the memory around to different slots until it worked.

returned the card to CC and got another one, the last one on the shelf. Anyways, I got the card to boot to windows, but trying to install the drivers it went crazy saying ithe write delay casued an error and data was lost.. Then it said can't save to xxx, data lost. insert a dozen more message and 3 reboots and file check and now I'm reformatting again. ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGgg

help?

Back