• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GG axion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krowa 02

Just got my card from axiontech, they sent me a black pcb 9500np. Should I keep this card and try the 9500pro mod? or should I just ship it back and eat the restock and just buy something better?

Makes me mad :mad:

Yeah I just figured that I was gonna try the mod first, maybe it will mod? Who knows, im gonna check the ram chips, hopefully they are some good 3.3ns ones.

Ok the ram chips say:

ETRONTECH

HM6A9320B1-3.3

HD40406MEH10032

Guess that means they are 3.3ns, but can anyone tell me who makes em? never heard of EtronTech?

if it's I shaped I think you can only mod it to a 9500pro :(

but at least see if the 8 pipes work I guess....

It works, Just ran 3dmark 03 and Saw no artifacts, running artifact tester right now. I may actually keep this card, and wait for an even better one to come out later as this will do me good.

Edit - Still a little unclear however, using the omega driver hack it will show up as a 9800 right? Is the a positive way of knowing my 4 other pipelines are running?

Btw just used artifact detector and it found none :)

You're already very lucky for having it unlocked perfectly well. It'd be up to your wether or not you'd want to risk getting an L shaped one that won't unlock quite so well.

I decided to keep this one, and just overclock the ram to its max, and then maybe run the core at 300 or so. Well see what happens, 140 bucks for the card isnt so bad in my opinion, only gonna run this thing for 6-8 months either way.

I still have 1 question, is there any sure way of me to find out if all 8 of my pipelines are enabled, im having a feeling that I still have only 4.

Well after a night of playing on this card, Have to say it isnt bad, however I decided against keeping it, and im going to send it back and just buy a 9800np and flash it to a pro. Only gonna run me 100 bucks extra, will last me longer.

Back