• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help with 1ghz Athlon + msi k7t pro2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gelo777

I have a dilemma:

After connecting the L1 bridges with a CircuitSealer (aka Conductive pen), I put my ungodly Alpha PAL6030 cooler on my cpu. Stuck that and my pc150 256mb cas2 corsair dimm into my mobo MSI k7t Pro 2 Version 1
1st step - try maximum fsb: Went up to 125 fsb right away and was fine. (non-Axia code). Interesting thing I noticed, was that I only had a range of 100-132 fsb in 1 mhz inraments.

2nd step - multiplier variations. What's that I see? I only have a choice of 10-12.5 in 0.5 incraments for my multiplier. Changing it to 10-11 does nothing... My computer boots up but still say Athlon 1000Mhz. I assume the multiplier is not changed. Upon changing it to 11-12.5 my system doesn't boot up. Did I do something wrong? Why isn't the multiplier unlocked?

Also why is my fsb limited only to 100-133 range? That really defeats the purpose of me having a pc150 corsaird cas 2 256mb dimm...

I need help. Is it my motherboard that sux so bad? Please don't hesitate to email me..

gelo777 (Apr 05, 2001 07:14 p.m.):
motherboard K7T pro2-a

sorry..

The Pro2A is based on the KT133, not the KT133A. That's why your FSB is limited. The name may be causing confusion.

Terry

The K7T Turbo and TurboR have the KT133A, sorry man, the KT133 just doesn't handle high bus speeds that well. The Pro2 and Pro2A both use the KT133. You can still run the ram high though, usually all you have to do is select host-clk+pci and run the fsb higher. Even at 105 MHZ the ram will run at 140 MHZ, I have done it a million times(i used to have an FIC AZ11E, KT133) As far as multipliers go, I would just recheck the connections and make sure none of them are crossed.

In order for me to make sure there is not a problem with the multiplier connections being crossed i need to get rid of conductive ink... What would be the best way of doing that? Am I just to use alcohol? Is scraping them off with a razer an option?

What do you mean I can still run it at high fsb even though it shows up as 105?

Oleg

gelo777 (Apr 05, 2001 08:14 p.m.):
In order for me to make sure there is not a problem with the multiplier connections being crossed i need to get rid of conductive ink... What would be the best way of doing that? Am I just to use alcohol? Is scraping them off with a razer an option?

What do you mean I can still run it at high fsb even though it shows up as 105?

Oleg

Use rubbing alcohol and a q-tip to get the ink off.

He's saying that you can run the memory at host+pci clk (100+33+fsb increase).

Terry

The KT133 lets you run the ram and fsb at different speeds. The fsb will be 105 MHZ but the ram will be 140MHZ, so even though the fsb is kinda slow, you can still take great advantage of the ram. If you can get the fsb up to 110 or 120, the ram will really be chuggin right along. :)

Hey Gelo you are having the same probs as a lot of us see my Multiplier problem on MSI K7TR under AMD Motherboards. Here is the solution. Alter your multiplier in the BIOS and immediately after saving it kill the power to your machine and wait a few seconds and power it up again and your new setting will come up.

Back