• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TridentZ 3000C14, memtest vs aida64

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well I'm sure he's doing it for enjoyment :) I would go into bios every once in a while and start clicking things, but when I try to push something and it keeps failing during stress test, it just wears out quick and I leave it..

Good times. In fact, I think one of my friends caught the bug and started increasing multipliers and stuff, hopefully no smell of fried Intel..:rofl:

This is my first time doing this. It may well be my only time doing this! But I'll see it through to the end. I knew it wasn't going to be a quick process. I did a little time on both of P95 and aida64 before bed, leaving it to run memtest overnight. Woke up to find an unresponsive system.... will repeat that later when I'm around to monitor it myself.

I actually corrupted my windows 10 install playing with RAM too much. Oh well nothing a nice clean install couldn't fix.

AIDA64 3ghz mesh mem 3733 17 17 17.PNG

cachemem3866-wip3-nearfin2.png

I did 4 passes of memtest so I'm as happy as can be that I'm back to a stable state. I just applied the other changes other than the one known to have caused instability yesterday, and in a quick look that seems ok too. So here's the latest results... not much different, but shaving another fraction of a ns off the latency. Bandwidths are pretty similar though, this is a relatively low run for read and write, but is the best I've seen for copy. I'm seeing perhaps +/- 1% variation in the scores from an average position.

I can't say I've super aggressively optimised all the settings, but I have touched all the primary/secondary/tertiary settings to some extent now. About the last two settings I could push harder on are tRFC and tREFI... maybe I'll give it a last go on the weekend but I've had enough for one day.

I will do that little later. Probably x5670. It's just that I literally don't use my pc for anything at all! Well, iTunes on the weekend maybe sometimes..

But thank you anyways, sir.

Back