• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me decide on a case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My vote will be for case 1 (the black dragon) one of the best built case designs IMHO
PS is that the aluminum one if so and you don't LAN go with the steal one, it's much firmer

I am no case expert but based upon just looks I would choose case number one. I think the other looks nice also just not as much as the first one.

I agree that based on looks #1 is the winner. I like that one myself as well.

I also am looking at cooling as a factor.

I was originally looking for a case that had 120mm fans front & back and had a hard time finding one that I REALLY like. Case #2 fit that bill (120mm fans) and came with a PSU. Case #1 supports 2 80mm up front, two 80mm in back plus one 80mm on the side. Both cost about the same.

And yes, I am looking at the steel version of case #1.

Last edited:
I've got #2. It's not a looker like the dragon, but it's got lotsa room and cools like a motha, and does it quietly. The 120mm fans are what sold me on it. I really like the case alot.
BTW, I got it from www.directron.com for $45 without the psu, but they have about 60 to choose from if you want to get a different one with that case

Oohh. Tough.

Keep in mind the #2 isn't black, but a greyish color. #2 will have lower cpu temps, especially if you take the time to cut out the stamped fan holes. #1 will have more room for watercooling, and can fit 2 x 92s in front and back, a 120 in top, or a 120 in front if you take out a HD cage. :D

Alright, it's a done deal. I decided on #1 the Dragon case. I look forward to getting it soon. Thanks for all your help!

ierax said:
You should have got case 2!!!!!!!:D
Just mod the dragon will you?

That's the plan. I'm hoping that I can fit some larger fans in the front and rear. My PSU has a 120mm fan on it as well.

Anyone have any pictures of their Dragon Case modified with larger fans or any other mod you may be proud of? I'd really like to see them so I can start getting some ideas! Thanks again!

Last edited:
Back