• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

In case of a failing PSU, does data corruption occur?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wooooooot!!!!!!!!!!....My Aopen /Fortron PSU got repaired!!!!.....Damn I've never been more happy. The reason is I would never have been able to get such a good quality PSU for a long time. The guy said my PSU had some burnt capacitors and replaced them accordingly.

Now, I have two working PSUs :)....One is a cheap *** one though(Mercury but it still works!).

Anyways guys here are the results of both the PSUs. Which one should I have in my system ? I want the Aopen one on my sys...but ultimately I want to install the best and most stable one.

Aopen/Fortron Mercury

Rated 300w 300w
TCO(3.3/5V) 150w 180w
Looks Classy Finish Very cheap finish
Weight 2x weight of mercury Very light weight
3.3V(after loading of windows)

3.33V 3.28V
5V(after loading of windows)

4.87V 4.95V

12V(after loading of windows)

11.82V 12.91

so which one should I put in guys?

Thanks

Raj

Mercury = Deer, and I don't think I would trust it. It also wouldn't surprise me if your Aopen can actually put out more +3.3V & +5V combined power than the Mercury, despite its rating for this being 35W less.

What computer shop is this? it's rare to find one that can do real repairs any more, and maybe they deserve a mention.

Ack! Another Foxconn in disguise! Just when I think I've heard them all another one comes up - I have trouble just remembering them all. The ones I know of are Eagle, Austin, L&C, Deer, Allied, US-Can; and now I guess Mercury, Frontech, and Quantum can all be added too if indeed they are all made by the same company.

I would run the Aopen - Deer is the worst you can get that I know of and is known for high failure rates as well as killing other parts of the system when their units die. I went through the RMA process with my Western Digital 3 times before I finally woke up and realized my 250 was doing them in.

Thanks everyone for all your help and advice. I greatly appreciate it.

Larry,

The name of the hardware repair store is PCT. But, I live in the city of Hyderabad, India(just incase if you were wondering where in the USA is this)

I'm sticking to my old Aopen/Fortron PSU...

THanks all

Raj

Back