• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

amd releasing 1.4G athlons on monday 4/16/01

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jordan

1.4G athlons are available 4/16/01- pricewatch is selling them as part of a combo mobo/cpu- look for them to be sold as a single cpu item by tuesday!

I would not buy one right now. Lets see if they overclock any better than a 1 gig AXIA. I have a hunch that they will top out around 1500/1550 which you can do with a 1 gig right now. But that is only my 2 cents.

I doubt it very much, although I could be wrong. Amd just released the 1.33 ghz like 4 weeks ago. I doubt they will release the 1.4 until another 2 weeks at least, probably a month :(

jordan (Apr 15, 2001 03:41 p.m.):
1.4G athlons are available 4/16/01- pricewatch is selling them as part of a combo mobo/cpu- look for them to be sold as a single cpu item by tuesday!
Hey Jordan. I'm not seeing the 1.4's as a combo or singly either. I just went to pricewatch.com and nothing is listed higher than a 1.3 266. Ya might want to check again... would be nice, but I don't see any confirmation at present.

amd has not realeased anything faster than the 1.33ghz at the moment... not sure if u'r claim is right or not.. but the 1.4 would be out some what in at least 2 more weeks... the 1.5 would be out around midyear thats what speculations are... so the 1.4 should be a month or so away....

jordan (Apr 15, 2001 03:41 p.m.):
he is right if u do a search for "thunderbird 1.4 ghz"
u will see a motherboard combp from tufshop.com

thanks jim for the redemption- why is everone so quick to assume you are lying? If you look back through the old amd posts about 3 weeks ago, everyone all out called me a liar when I said I had a 1.33 chip o/c to 1.6 simply because they didnt do the research and find out there even was a 1.33 chip! I even posted the web sites to purchase the damned things and people said I was a liar and/or mistaken and that 1.2 was the fastest around. Anyway, thanks for actually looking around for yourself, I think I'll leave it up to people to find out the stuff on their own rather than bring it to their attention

that is the price you must pay for being well informed... scorn from the nonsbelievers

but you also get the satifaction of rubbing there nose`s in it ;)

preach on brother kat, can I get a amen??

:)

what can I say? , your right!

jordan (Apr 16, 2001 05:25 p.m.):
thanks jim for the redemption- why is everone so quick to assume you are lying? If you look back through the old amd posts about 3 weeks ago, everyone all out called me a liar when I said I had a 1.33 chip o/c to 1.6 simply because they didnt do the research and find out there even was a 1.33 chip! I even posted the web sites to purchase the damned things and people said I was a liar and/or mistaken and that 1.2 was the fastest around. Anyway, thanks for actually looking around for yourself, I think I'll leave it up to people to find out the stuff on their own rather than bring it to their attention
No one said you were lying, just mistaken, mistakes happen, as we have just seen.":O}

I found it on pricewatch.com. But...... If you go to the site that actually claims to have this thing- NO DICE. Maybe I wasn't looking in the right place on there site: www.tufshop.com. I did a search for AMD Athlon 1.4 GHz, it came up with duron mobo's and all kinds of wierd stuff. Oh well.

Fiz

I don't believe I mentioned lying in my post. If you say that something is there and mention a location then I go and it's not there, perhaps the location is in error. You might include links to your information. Just a suggestion. It could save you from hearing the information wasn't accurate. Just a thought.

here is a link to support his claim :
description

very bottom of the page

but after looking on a couple of athlon websites i found a post on a disscusion board stating that the tufshop is just trying to get people to preorder the athlon 1.4 to drive up initial sales before its release, also they pretty blatently stated that the 1.4 is not going to be available to the public anytime this month ( actually that was the title of the post: 1.4ghz t-bird, not this month... )

maybe tufshop is lying, their add on pricewatch under "1.4G amd" says available 4/16, taking preorders. The add was posted on friday taking it to mean that the chip would be available for sale on that monday, maybe they have them, maybe they dont- maybe they sold them all, maybe they didnt- it is not on their webpage anywhere, I think I'll give a call to clear this up!

Hey all, just a thought. You may want to check out Tufson's reputation as an internet mail order company on ResellerRating.COM. Should you decide to 'pre-order' from them.

Very poor service and also, once they have your money, you will do a great deal of battle before you can have it back in your pocket, if any at all. Very bad company. Too many complaints, too little recommendation.

Just my 2 cents.

Back