• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I cant get in my BIOS..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spartacus

Registered
As soon as my boot screen appears, I hit "DEL", but nothing happenes... it just keeps loading windows.
Any suggestions?

Couple of stupid questions, Is your keyboard plugged in, broken? Try the other del key. Try clearing your cmos. ummmm. sacrifice something to the O/C gods. :):):):)

TT120 (Apr 27, 2001 09:25 a.m.):
Couple of stupid questions, Is your keyboard plugged in, broken? Try the other del key. Try clearing your cmos. ummmm. sacrifice something to the O/C gods. :):):):)

yes my keyboard is plugged in, lol.
nope not broken.
i tried the other del key, and nothing.
havent tried clearing the cmos yet, what exactly does clearing the cmos do?(im sorta new to O/C).
what do mean sacrifice something to the O/C gods?

thanx for you help.

Just in case, make sure that it's the Del key that enters the bios on your machine.

For example, this Compaq here at work, gotta hit F10 to get in.

Spartacus (Apr 27, 2001 09:42 a.m.):
.......havent tried clearing the cmos yet, what exactly does clearing the cmos do?(im sorta new to O/C).
what do mean sacrifice something to the O/C gods?

thanx for you help.
Clearing the cmos will erase all the settings in your bios. after you do that you might be able to get in. Like the previous post says, make sure it's the del key you need to hit to get into your bios.

Sacrificing something (like a virgin) to the O/C gods keeps them happy and you want a happy O/C god so that your attempts to overclock will be successful.
:):):)

What motherboard ???

Also be sure not to connect fans to all the motherboard headers,if you have 2 case fans and the processor all plugged into motherboard there is not enough onboard power left to acess the bios on some motherboards.

To cleas a cmos MAKE sure power is unpluged not just switched off,!!!
Read motherboard manual to understand the main board and all of its features,

hmmm
last tme i cleared my bios on my intel mobo.......
i pulled out the jumper for reseting then turned the comp on....nothin ccomes out then i plug the jumper back on while it's on and it restarts automatically without anything and bios cleared alerady

yep, its the F10 key for mine 2 (compaq).
thanx for the help fellaz.

now i can get in the BIOS, but guess what i can change any hardware settings for overclocking. got to do it all by jumper i guess. i looked on my mobo an i found 6 jumpers, i know what one is for sure but the others im not sure of. i know what they are for i just dont know what to do with them, lol if that makes any sence to you. i guess i was smart enough to look beside the jumpers and see the names of them and then very close by was a little table with the settings of the jumpers.(im new to O/C please bare with me. thanx) anyways i wrote all that stuff down if anybody wants to take a look at them maybe you could help me out. let me know and ill post them if u would like to look at them.
thanx again.

These are all the jumpers i could find on my mobo.

JP1
Ratio 1-2 3-4 5-6
2.5 Short Short Open
3 Open Short Open
2 Short Open Open
3.5 Open Open Open
4.5 Short Short Short
5.0 Open Short Short
4.0 Short Open Short
5.5 Open Open Short

JP2
Normal 1-2
Clear 2-3

JP3
1-2 3-4 5-6 VCC2H/L VCC2
Open Open Open Low 2.0V
Short Open Open Low 2.1V
Open Short Open Low 2.2V
Short Short Open Low 2.3V
Open Open Short Low 2.4V
Short Open Short Low 2.5V
Open Short Short Low 2.6V
Short Short Short Low 2.7V
Open Open Open High 2.8V
Short Open Open High 2.9V
Open Short Open High 3.0V
Short Short Open High 3.1V
Open Open Short High 3.2V
Short Open Short High 3.3V
Open Short Short High 3.4V
Short Short Short High 3.5V

JCK1
CPUCLK 1-2
AGPCLK 2-3

JCK2
66 1-2
100 2-3

JCK3
Open 100mhz
66mhz
Short 95mhz

ok i hope you could under stand it, let me know what ya think, and if i can do anything with it.
thanx...

i was just wondering what are those little stars under some of your names, do they mean something?

Spartacus (Apr 28, 2001 03:17 a.m.):
i was just wondering what are those little stars under some of your names, do they mean something?
Spartacus, I don't mean to offend you. I'm new to this game also, but if you don't know your jumper settings you need to spend a lot more time reading in the forums and your manuals before you tweak your computer beyond repair. Good luck

Spartacus (Apr 28, 2001 03:10 a.m.):
These are all the jumpers i could find on my mobo.

JP1
Ratio 1-2 3-4 5-6
2.5 Short Short Open
3 Open Short Open
2 Short Open Open
3.5 Open Open Open
4.5 Short Short Short
5.0 Open Short Short
4.0 Short Open Short
5.5 Open Open Short

JP2
Normal 1-2
Clear 2-3

JP3
1-2 3-4 5-6 VCC2H/L VCC2
Open Open Open Low 2.0V
Short Open Open Low 2.1V
Open Short Open Low 2.2V
Short Short Open Low 2.3V
Open Open Short Low 2.4V
Short Open Short Low 2.5V
Open Short Short Low 2.6V
Short Short Short Low 2.7V
Open Open Open High 2.8V
Short Open Open High 2.9V
Open Short Open High 3.0V
Short Short Open High 3.1V
Open Open Short High 3.2V
Short Open Short High 3.3V
Open Short Short High 3.4V
Short Short Short High 3.5V

JCK1
CPUCLK 1-2
AGPCLK 2-3

JCK2
66 1-2
100 2-3

JCK3
Open 100mhz
66mhz
Short 95mhz

ok i hope you could under stand it, let me know what ya think, and if i can do anything with it.
thanx...
Please read post in your question about stars before you do anything drastic, but here are your answers, JP1=multiplier setting. JP2=cmos ram clear. JP3=voltage select.JCK's=frequency selectors. Good luck and go slow. If you don't have
system monitors I suggest you start there !!!

ok this is what i think they r..
JP1= multiplier.
JP2=COMOS.
JP3=I/O voltage.
JCK2/JCK3=fsb.
the others i don`t know.
it is very wise if u were to tell us what type/brand mobo it is.
and it would be really good for u if u were to research a bit about your mobo and specs,setting from the manual or from the manufacturers web before u start to mess with the settings.
in lots of case lots of ppl kill there mobo or there chip or any other stuff being in too much of a hurry.
u need to take time and understand what each settings do before u start changing them.

GOD....

Dont worry, i havent changed anything yet. i planed on taking my time and learning more first, thats why im posting and asking questions first.
right now this is my only computer and i dont plan on messing it up. i dont think i could make it 3 days without a computer, lol.
again thanx for your help...

Back