• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

im new and need a lot of help with overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

razael

okay, at 1200 my cpu system temp is 29c and my cpu temp is 46 c,at 1333, the temp is the same. no when i try 1400, the windows doesn't boot and i get an error message saying to insert the system disk. can anyone help me out?

What is the volage at? Try bumbing it up a bit for stabability. What are all the specs your running at?

If you're not reaching 1400 with max voltage (1.85) then you have probably reached the limit of your chip. Try something between 1333 and 1400 if you can.

SickBoy

what do u mean by the limit of the chip? i thought that the whole point of overclocking was to increase the speed as much as you want as long as you have the required cooling... well maybe i have learned something.

note-i used 10.5 and 133, what if i lowered the clock and increased the fsb?

razael (Apr 30, 2001 01:55 a.m.):
what do u mean by the limit of the chip? i thought that the whole point of overclocking was to increase the speed as much as you want as long as you have the required cooling... well maybe i have learned something.
A chip will only go so far until it just wont run stable. Overclocking is the art of taking it right to it's limit. Not all chips will have the same limit. Some will be able to get 1700 out of their 1200 chip while others will barely be able to get 1400 with the same chip.

by the way, what kind of coolong do u think i need to overclock my videocard?

it is like hot rodding a car engine, you can only do so much with tricking it out before you hit the max and need a bigger cubic engine, also, in mho that 300w power supply sure is not helping you at all here! I would suggest a minimum of 350W for all 1G+ processors

Back