• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HELP PLEASE ASAP!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eduran85

hey people,
I'm a newbie in overclocking and i fear i messed up my new computer. I have an 800mhz duron, 256mb, Asus A7A.
I was trying to overclock when suddenly my fan/heat sink slipped off my CPU, ( the middle Tab fell off) I immediately unplugged my computer fearing for the CPU's life. The problem now is that the heat sink/fan wont turn on, ive tried other heat sinks and fans, and i have gotten the same results. Please help.
Thanks

If the only problem you have is that the HS/fan wont work then your ok,(lucky)check to see if the pins on the board that the fan plug into are still there (not broke off) and straight. Also if youve tried more than i HS/fan on the same plug and it dont work them maybe the pins are broke-try using a adapter to plug it into a 4pin molex -if it already is plug it into a different one and see if that helps? More info if ya can-what HS/fan , what type of connector-also where does it plug in-4pin of to the mobo?

Back