• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Sum help please!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NismoGTR

Hi,

Just moved back to UK, and glad to see the forums are still up and doing well. Would have been on sooner, but hey, some parts of the world just dont get internet!!!

I need sum help choosing a Motherboard....
I have no idea what are the latest ones, and which ones are pretty highly rated. Its been so long since I sat infront of a PC, that I feel like a newbie again...
my last board was a Abit KX7-333, and I liked it, so perhaps another Abit, or is their better?

I dont really wanna spend anything over £90-£100, max.
I require something with RAID, so i can connect more than 2 hard drives. Probably will have 4-5 HDD's.
I would prefer a few PCI slots, to plug in stuff like Network card, or modem/ethernet card.I would like something that can use my previous ram if possible (512Mb PC2700, I think). If the mobo is a great one, then I dont mind buying newer/better ram.
Needs to be able to take at least an XP 2800+ and future ones....
Only AMD's, No intels.

Everthing else is not important. I dont care about soundcard, video card built in etc....

Please help,I feel like a moron, as its been so long, and things have moved on so much.

Thanks,

NismoGTR

thanks for the reply,

man, dont even know what SATA drives are!!!
Last I heard it was ATA, so i guess the only thing I missed was the new 's' at the beginning of ATA!

thanks for the advice, will check out the board just now....
I better check out the terminology aswell!!!

appreicated mate,

NismoGTR

Back