• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

weird line on LCD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MuEagle05

I just bought a NEC 1760NX, a great 17" LCD, 16ms. Off e-bay, which was maybe my own fault.

No dead pixels, but there's a line of pixels messed up on the right side . The monitor only came with an analog cable, could that be the problem? I'm off to the store tomorrow to get a digital cable, but still, I'm worried the monitor is defective. If so, would I have to return it to NEC, or the guy on e-bay?

Man this sucks.

screen.jpg

Does it show up on boot, in games, watching video (all the time)?

That's definitely messed up if so. Check to see if any monitor pins are missing, or perhaps try another monitor cable. I use DVI with my NEC 1760NX, and it looks great.

Yeah, that line is kinda of weird. I also try both analog and dvi on my 1760nx and they both work great without any kind of line.

Just like Yakbak say, try to switch to another cable and see if that line is still there. Otherwise you just might have to return it back to NEC or the seller.

O, was the monitor brand new, comes with factory box and stuff. Then NEC shouldn't have a problem replacing it for you. Hope everything work out for you, good luck mann.

Back