• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's wrong, and, how do I clean this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ThePerfectCore

Red Raccoon Dojo
I have a KDS Visual Sensations 19" something-or-other.

I was an idiot and spilled Sprite all over the world, so now the buttons on my monitor stick. I tried to take it apart today, but the freakin' tube and circuitry (with those lovely 3457234985721347815245 volt capacitors) are connected directly to the front bezel.

Anyone have any suggestions (say, taking it apart without dying)? That's problem 1.

Problem 2 is flickering and other fun things. The screen with horizontally flicker sometimes, very quick, I can't catch it if I'm playing games or anything else that's moving around the screen. If I set my desktop refresh rate to anything higher than 60hz, the picture slowly creeps to the left until more than half of it is off the side of the screen. On top of that, every once in a while the screen with take on a bluish tint. This can be fixed by pounding on the top of the monitor.

Before I try to get it sent back under warranty, would anyone here blame this on dirty dorm power? I ask this because it was mentioned in KDS support:

Flicker or shaking may be caused by another electronic or motorized device, either placed too close to the monitor or plugged into the same electric circuit.

Moved to another outlet, didn't do jack.

If I find out this is all due to some idiot's giant sub-woofer in the next room, it's gonna be stabbity stab time.

This can be fixed by pounding on the top of the monitor.

ROFL

Sry to burst your buble, but unless you wanna do some serious (and dangerous) work, you should look at a new monitor.

Back