• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can someone tell me anything good about a celeron 633mhz cB0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
JJ Dog (Jul 17, 2001 10:55 p.m.):
I cant see how anyone could get any juice out of these,
Well I got mine in today and sent mine screaming up to 980mhz....Whoooo it was crazy mine is a cC0 stepping.
Try this just make sure you have something more than a stock heatsink.

give me your email I'll send you a file to do some killer benchmarking with Its called Burn in test.
Then start by jumping your FSB up one notch at a time and keep an eye on the temps if you get to a setting of 84FSB skip it and try changeing from 66 mhz FSB to 100mhz FSB that should give you more options on the FSB in Bios and just test it each time. Make sure you don't go over 80 with your temps. The best think I have found is go to the maker of your boards web site and find the Via monitor file it is on the money.

[img="[URL]http://members.theglobe.com/AmbintFicton/980MHZ.GIF[/URL]"]

Well, there not quite as good as a 566 cB0, or a 600 cC0, but I'd think 900 MHz might be possible with one of those. Not every one will overclock well, you mioght have gotten a "dog"...

It's disheartening to read posts of others with the same chip as the one you just got, and theirs o/c's better, but every one is different. After reading tons of posts of people getting 1050 out of their P/// 700E cB0's, I broke down and got one. I'm getting 933 MHz max, I think (well, at a reasonable and safe vcore setting, at least), and while 933 is still a good o/c, it ain't 1050...=( I'm not gonna get miserable about it, I'll just tinker with it a bit and see what happens...maybe it just needs a lot of time running before it'll go. My C600 ran at 1008 for the longest time, then one day it started running faster. Eventually peaked out at 1053. Maybe yours is doing the same thing....

What do chips in the database on the front page average for your "S" code?? Where does yours fit in with the average?? The C633 has a 9.5x multi, and the higher this is, the harder it is to overclock well.....

Mr B

Mr B (Jul 17, 2001 11:22 p.m.):
Well, there not quite as good as a 566 cB0, or a 600 cC0, but I'd think 900 MHz might be possible with one of those. Not every one will overclock well, you mioght have gotten a "dog"...

It's disheartening to read posts of others with the same chip as the one you just got, and theirs o/c's better, but every one is different. After reading tons of posts of people getting 1050 out of their P/// 700E cB0's, I broke down and got one. I'm getting 933 MHz max, I think (well, at a reasonable and safe vcore setting, at least), and while 933 is still a good o/c, it ain't 1050...=( I'm not gonna get miserable about it, I'll just tinker with it a bit and see what happens...maybe it just needs a lot of time running before it'll go. My C600 ran at 1008 for the longest time, then one day it started running faster. Eventually peaked out at 1053. Maybe yours is doing the same thing....

What do chips in the database on the front page average for your "S" code?? Where does yours fit in with the average?? The C633 has a 9.5x multi, and the higher this is, the harder it is to overclock well.....

Mr B
I wasn't saying he had a bad chip I find it to be a very good chip if he cools it down good I think he can get it very close to mine there are some in the data base that really come close to 1 gig without water cooling. I'd say get alot of case fans man. and a good high output fan on that heatsink Fop-38 or something like that with a high output Delta something with high CFM rateing

JJ Dog, work on cooling, cooling, and more cooling. That's my advice without knowing more about your system. My experience is that is one of the biggest keys to overclocking.

AmbientFiction, there is one big difference between your C-633 and JJ Dog's CPU, yours is a cC0 stepping and his is a cB0 stepping. Yes, that can make quite a difference in the amount of overclocking it will do. Same with Mr. B's P-III 700, I'm guessing most of those 700 CPUs hitting 1050+ are cC0 chips (like mine) and not cB0 . The Coppermine cB0 processors AVERAGE (your mileage may vary) about 850 to 950, the cC0 about 950 to 1050, and the cD0 seem to go higher yet. Some CPUs will do better than these averages and some will do worse, given equal cooling and components.

Back