• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

geforce 3 ti500 drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theguywiththeha

does anyone know the best geforce 3 ti500 drivers because im using older ones i think like 42.xx i tryed the new ones from nvidia and my 3dmark score droped allmost 3000points and they had the same settings i want to know if there are better ones?:D

The newer ones are optimized for the FX series cards...

I found the best was the 40.72's...gave me my highest score on 01 using my GF3 Ti200...10,997...they also had the best IQ for my card also

I found ForceWare v56.55 (WHQL) to be the best ones out there if you're looking for the best IQ, even though they're more optimized for the FX Series they worked perfectly fine with Ti500 and give great IQ. I'm saying this because I have a GF3 Ti500 in my other rig with these drivers and they work great. But if you're looking for the best performance/scores then go with v44.03 (worked the best for me. For the perfomance part).

Reason why your 3DMarks dropped so bad is becauase nVidia had a little cheat in their drivers versions 40.xx-45.xx but they removed it from v50.xx and up.

You sure your score dropped 3,000? :eek: I've had only a 1,000 3Dmark drop with versions 50.xx and up on all the systems I've tested my Ti in (P4 2.4B, P4 2.6c and P4 2.8c).

Download nVidia ForceWare v56.55 (WHQL) here:
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=737

Download nVidia ForceWare v56.56 (WHQL, but has a bug that gives lower scores in some benches, nVidia announced that it should be fixed by March 1st though..). Get 'em here:
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=739

sorry...wrong score...correct score 10,977

And I had to install my GF3 Ti200 a few days ago...had a bad flash with my 9800 Pro...fixed it now...but went back and tried some of these newer drivers and still didnt find anything better for my GF3 Ti200...the 40.72's...

Just try each driver and see which ones works best for your card...

i dont think it was a bug because i noticed in all the games i play to like gta3,gta-vc,redfaction played choppy oh and the drivers im useing currently are 44.03oc well i geuss im already useing the best drivers...thanks

Last edited:
theguywiththeha said:
i dont think it was a bug because i noticed in all the games i play to like gta3,gta-vc,redfaction played choppy oh and the drivers im useing currently are 44.03oc well i geuss im already useing the best drivers...thanks

I was talking about drivers v56.56 (WHQL).

Originally posted by Guru3D.com

Right now there is a bug in the 56.56 driver that causes a dramatic performance regression from 53.03 (current driver) in the new UT 2004 demo. NVIDIA is working to fix the bug ASAP, a new release is slated on MArch 1st. Mean time, please note that UT 2004 scores are unrealistically low. The scores are fine on 53.03.
Read more in the link for the drivers I posted above (doh). Unless you mean they don't have cheats in versions 40.xx-45.xx? Check Guru3D.com for more info, I'll post the link when I'll find it.

Here's more info about nVidia's cheats in their drivers v40.xx-45.xx

Originally posted by Hilbert Hagedoom
[size=large]Editorial note on Cheats and Optimizations[/size]
A nasty trend we have seen the past months is that certain graphics chipset designers have been caught optimizing and even cheating their drivers for specific benchmarks. We want to explain a few things about the difference between the two and what Guru3d.com has been doing to prevent this grey area of cheating.

An Optimization by itself is honestly nothing bad. Take a racing car. At default it will race at a certain speed, now if we tune it, revise it and hey even switch on that Nitro button, the performance of that racing car will increase heaps. Your Operating system has been optimized for your Pentium or AMD processor to take full advantage of the CPU, the result is a faster computer.

Now we look at the graphics chipset, the two examples named above are similar for graphic processors. Games can be optimized for the graphics chipset to take advantage image quality or performance wise the frame rate. We make a very important side note though, an optimization can not and may not be made at the cost of image quality as that would be cheating.

Cheating, by definition is wrong on any level. NVIDIA has been caught red-handed clipping in specific synthetic benchmarks. A downright shameful act ...

After huge criticism from the public and a lot of mud-throwing between FutureMark and NVIDIA, NVIDIA has made steps to remove their cheating actions from their drivers which we highly recommend them to do as otherwise it would cost them their reputation and good name at consumer level. If a consumer does and can not trust a product, they will not buy it. It's that simple.

More here: http://www.guru3d.com/article/Videocards/88/12/

[size=large]*NOTE:[/size] These cheats were REMOVED from versions 50.xx and up.

You do reallize just by changing your settings around on your card..."the tweaks"...that makes you a cheater...so that would make everyone a cheater that even thinks about running other then default settings...

And its just not Nvidia...ATI did the same thing (added certain tweaks) awhile back...

So it doesnt really matter...if you want to break it down...everyone is a cheat when it comes to 3d marks weather you know it or not...

glock19owner said:
You do reallize just by changing your settings around on your card..."the tweaks"...that makes you a cheater...so that would make everyone a cheater that even thinks about running other then default settings...

If you mean O/C or Voltmod, then NO, it doesn't. Otherwise it does.

Originally posted by glock19owner
And its just not Nvidia...ATI did the same thing (added certain tweaks) awhile back...

True, was it 3.xx? And then removed from 4.xx?

Originally posted by glock19owner
So it doesnt really matter...if you want to break it down...everyone is a cheat when it comes to 3d marks weather you know it or not...

Everything is a cheat? LoL, like what? Yes 3Dmark had that, but they did remove it, didn't they?

Either way theguywiththeha only needed to know why his 3Dmarks dropped. I've explained and showed proof why.

i just installed the 56:55 forcewar drivers and my score dropped a 1000points my score is 7679 i noticed the lower framrates to :(

LogRus said:
If you mean O/C or Voltmod, then NO, it doesn't. Otherwise it does.

True, was it 3.xx? And then removed from 4.xx?

Everything is a cheat? LoL, like what? Yes 3Dmark had that, but they did remove it, didn't they?

Either way theguywiththeha only needed to know why his 3Dmarks dropped. I've explained and showed proof why.

You do not reallize that as soon as you change any settings on your card...this is concidered a cheat by futuremark...so once you set that adjustment to say..high performance...you just cheated on 3d marks...they concider anything other then default settings...including Omega default settings since the drivers are already "tweaked"...cheating...

So this goes with my saying...everyone is a cheat weather you know or it not (in 3d marks..which is what I meant in my above post also), because I sure dont know anyone that leaves there drivers at default when trying for a high score...

I'd say go with the latest drivers for Nvidia geforce 3 ti500 cards. I have a GF3Ti200 based "golden sample" gainward card in a Barton 2500 rig and always thought that the 44.03 drivers were the best with 3D mark2001se but as soon as Lock-On came out I noticed a general choppyness in the on-screen dynamics.

Sure I lost alot of fps in 3Dmark but Lock-On is silky smooth now, in fact in AmericasArmy and RavenShield I noticed a much better improvement also.

The latest 53.03 forcewares work very well IMHO. To me, I prefer better game play than crunching numbers in 3D mark. The choice is yours.:)

Back