• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nero Burning ROM vs. Nero Express

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mikes95XLT

What is the difference? I'm looking to buy one of the two from the Globe2000 store, but there is Nero Burning ROM 6 and then there is Nero Express v6. Can you tell me what the difference between the two is?

Nero Express is a "lite" version basicalley of the Nero Burning ROM and, therefore, is cheaper. Also Nero Express is bundled with many CD-RWs (my Lite-On came w/ it)

Either way, nero is the way to burn :beer:

ROM has many more options like cross platform burning DVD and CD and can be used on 2 (or more) "different" drives, not to mention it has the ability to burn to many drives at the same time (I think 32 simultaneous drives)

So Nero Express can only use one drive at a time? Like cannot copy from one drive to another? Or did I not understand that? The only reason I'm asking is because I can get Nero Burning ROM 6 for really cheap, but I already have Nero Express 5.x so I don't know if it's worth switching or not.

It can only be tied to one burner. With ROM you could have a DVD burner drive and another CD burner drive and it will tie it self to only one (at least the ones I have used ~ freebies with burners) if you can go for it ROM is the way but it cost more. Express is ok and it has an easy to use interface but is lacking most of the advanced options.

If you have the 5x version you can upgrade to the full 6x (both rom and express)for I think it was 59$.it's 10$ more in the USA than anywhere else which is B.S.It can be used on any burner and comes with the DVD plugin taht allows you to burn to DVD's as well.If you buy a cheap version beware,They are seperated from retail packages and cannot be used unless you have the same burner that it originally came with.

Back