• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I cannot believe this!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nebulous

Dreadnought Class Senior
I finally get the MCW50 adapter so i can hook up the wb to my new XFX FX5900XT. I take the stock cooler off the card, clean off the goop, assemble the adapter and mount it on the card. The ramsinks are too tall for the lines to clear, so i get my trusty dremel to the ramsink. Use electronic spray and compressed air to clear off the metallic dust. Inspect carefully with magnifying glass, spic and span clean. Remount the block and the card into the pc. Hook up lines and molex. Refill the res and fire up. No sooner the screen is on i got rainbow lines all over the place! :mad: I'm like wtf?? ok, shut off and recheck. Power back on and still lines. It gets to the xp screen with the blue progress bar and right b4 it gets to desktop i get a bsod and then the dreaded message " unsupported input" on my LCD monitor :confused: I shut off again, drain the rig and pull the card. Again i recheck the recheck. Evrything seems fine. nothing out of place. take off the block, clean off the ceramique. Check the core, nothing :eh?: Put ceramique back on, block back on and hook the card back on. Lines, power and again fill up the system. power back on and the same thing occurs. Now i have a brand new dead card and can't RMA it because i had to grind down the dam ramsink to clear the lines. :mad:

have you taken the stock ramsinks off and cleaned around the memory chips themselves...something real small could be shorting a leg on one of the memory chips...

glock19owner said:
have you taken the stock ramsinks off and cleaned around the memory chips themselves...something real small could be shorting a leg on one of the memory chips...

No, only 1 of the ramsinks came off. The other wont come off. it's like it's on there for good.

Well I removed the other ramsink, cleaned the ramchip and surroundiing areas with electronic spray and compressed air. Put the stock cooler back on and tried it in my back up machine. Same problem. Stripes in colors and then poof black screen :cry:

^^AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! sorry dude but that story is hillarious :D hahahahahahaaaa rolf lmao

ket said:
^^AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! sorry dude but that story is hillarious :D hahahahahahaaaa rolf lmao

Sometimes the adage if you have nothig nice to say then say nothing at all..Applies..........

ket said:

Thats fine, you can have your self centered opinion.

I am a firm believer in Karma though. ;)

ive lost 3 9600pros through various mods gone wrong, and the stories are always funny because nomatter how careful you are it still happend, not to mention it is actually easy to see the funny side in it, its all to do with how the story is described. you cant honestly tell me somebody has told u a what is for them an unfortunate story or whatever and you aint laughed because A: it didnt happen to you, and\or B: you just found the explained senario funny.

ket said:
ive lost 3 9600pros through various mods gone wrong, and the stories are always funny because nomatter how careful you are it still happend, not to mention it is actually easy to see the funny side in it, its all to do with how the story is described. you cant honestly tell me somebody has told u a what is for them an unfortunate story or whatever and you aint laughed because A: it didnt happen to you, and\or B: you just found the explained senario funny.

plzzzz,quit while ur ahead.

im stating fact, im not proving anything. appears to me like you think i actually care what you think. i also dont intend to argue nor do i intend to justify my actions to something that is little more than just a word in a small box to me underlined. if somebody finds something funny then whatever, i cant help that some of u have no sense of humor. nuff said.

Dino, thats 2 big dollar cards in a few months.

Take it easy there.

That sucks too.

{PMS}fishy said:
Dino, thats 2 big dollar cards in a few months.

Take it easy there.

That sucks too.

Yeah :( The 9700 pro was my fault. I should've did more of a research on the Etron tech ram chips before i went ahead and did the vmem mod :rolleyes:

This time i did'nt do anything except add the wb. Shaving down the heatsink was to clear the tubing. Never thought that would be the death of the card . I was thinking of vmodding it too, but since it clocked like a 5950U i decided against it.

Thanx guyz.

Nebulous said:
....[snip]...... :mad: .....[snip]........

:cry:

Damn I'm sorry to hear this. Doesn't sound good at all if I'm honest.
I can only compare your loss and offer 2 shots in the dark.

Try on a standard CRT monitor, maybe might help. If nothing happens still, I'd probably plonk in a PCI VGA card and erase the BIOS. I'd then try dumping another in. (I still have the original XFX 5900XT BIOS if you need it)

Let it stand for a couple of days on a shelf somewhere. Strange things happen when static discharges or protection circuits kick in.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

ket said:

Where I come from we have an emotion for special cases like these.

jerkit.gif

dude really sorry to hear that, just clean it off as best you can and best of luck to you.

Back