• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How does the regular 6800 look?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kpiciulo

Hey everyone, i've been gone for a month in texas with no computer, so i haven't been able to check on the forums.

Anyway, sadly we can't all afford the best, being either the x800xt pe and the 6800 ultra (this isn't a thread on which is better) but what about the regular 6800. Newegg has one for 379.00 click here

how does this card look? Also is this the same as what people are calling the 6800nu, i figured that means non-ultra but i didn't want to assume anything.

thanks in advance for any responses, i'm glad to be back to the forums.

It performs almost equal (and in some cases better) to the 5950 Ultra using the beta drivers available right now. And @ $300 (lowest price I've seen so far), it's cheaper than a 5950 Ultra. And yes, that particular Chaintech is a "nu" or non-Ultra.

I've got a 6800nu. At Stock speeds I got ~8350 3Dmarks 03. Overclocked to 420/900. I got 9907. Its way better than a 5950.

In DX8-esque applications where texel and pixel fillrates are king, they're about equal. In any game that uses pixelshaders, the 6800nu will rip the 5950 a new one.

Back