• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PNY 6800 GT/Ultra

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mefesto

I am thinking about buying one of these cards. I just need to know if anyone else thinks getting the GT for 379.00 or getting a ultra for 479.00 is a good deal. Thanks
Mef

well you can oc the gt up to ultra speeds, but if it is stable is hit or miss. If you want guarenteed ultra speeds and have the money, then go for it.

right now as far as I know, all manufactuers are using the reference board. So PNY's would be no different than any other company.

I have had 2 PNY cards, and both have been problem free, and continue to work today. As dececca112 said, all of the maufacturers use the same refrence design from Nvidia.

scott_55X said:
Thats nice but you provide no information.

Get the PNY, that's what I have, works great.

Serious, it's not even a usefull statment, just an opinion about a brand. Opinions are cool, it's just not what were looking for on this thread. My thoughts is that if you have the money...do it. if you want to keep upgrading the REST of the comp....DEFINITLY go for the ultra, because youl be able to use more of its full potential. Otherwise get the GT if your specs arent top notch...your wasting a LOT of perfomance of the ultra, The gt...still slower, but it wont be so much of a hit on the wallet... because you wouldnt want to spend so much and not be able to use its full potential. (opinion)

Carskick said:
I have had 2 PNY cards, and both have been problem free, and continue to work today. As dececca112 said, all of the maufacturers use the same refrence design from Nvidia.
Another good point. I Currently have a PNY GeForce 5900se, OCs like CRAZY! never overheats, never has problems, and i can get it to run farcry full settings....exept AA and AF :( kinda mad about that. awell.

PS: Mafesto, post your rig's specs so we know what were talking about. :p

Also, is Mafesto from southpark's DR. Mafesto?

Last edited:
Back