• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help OC PII400 in Fic VB601 MB (440BX)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

m0rbidini

Registered
As you can see, I'm a newbie in the overclockers forum. Can someone help me OC my PII 400 MHz to 448 MHz or higher. I've tried to do it in the BIOS but my computer freezes when starting windows. I've tried it with win9x/NT/2000 but with no sucess. Even 412 MHz doesn't work.

I've also tried to do it by messing around with my jumper settings but it doesn't work too. I think it has something to do with the IDE channels. Please help me.

[email protected]

So what have you tried?
i dont think you can change your multiplier as the 400 was made after Aug 98... intel has locked all chips since then.
So your only option is your FSB....
You say your computer locks up at any other speed than 400?
Do you have any ways to find out what your CPU temps are at?
What speed is your L2 cache set to?

Also it would be very helpfull to post your motherboard info.

Hi m0rbidini, wellcome to the Forum,
The first thing to check is your chip temps, I suggest you MotherBoardMonitor that you found at http://mbm.livewiredev.com/
and remember, it never must go over 50 degree C @full load (100% load), but less is better.
At this point, if your system temps are right, well, you can rise the Fsb freq., and if not stable, rise also a little the voltage of your chip (VCore) but not over the 15% of the original value.

I hope it helps you ;)

Ýs your ram 133 Pc. It should be more than 100 Pc in order to oc higher. If so then check your temp. and fan speed. You can try to oc with the case open.
I should tell you that before my celeron I used PII400 on my Abit BE6 and it would do 560 (140 fsb) !! @2.1V. I think it would do more if my ram could do more (it was 133pc century)

Thanx. I'll try to give sufficient info...

Cpu-Z Report

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cpu-Z version 1.10.

Cpu Vendor GenuineIntel
Cpu Name Intel Pentium II (Deschutes)
Family / Model / Stepping 6 5 2
Cpu Clock 400.9 MHz
Clock multiplier x 4.0
Front Side Bus Frequency 100.2 MHz
Expected Cpu Clock 400 MHz
Expected FSB Frequency 100 MHz
Package Slot 1 SECC
Core Stepping dB0
Technology 0.25µ
VCC 0 0.128 volts
VCC 1 0.128 volts
IO_VOLTAGE 0.128 volts
L1 Data Cache 16 Kbytes, 4-way set associative, 32 bytes line size
L1 Instruction Cache 16 Kbytes, 4-way set associative, 32 bytes line size
L2 Cache 512 Kbytes, 4-way set associative, 32 bytes line size
L2 Latency 7
L2 Frequency 200.5 MHz
L2/CPU ratio 1/2
L2 Location On Cartridge
L2 ECC Check enabled
L2 Data Prefetch Logic no
L2 Bus Width 64 bits
Supported Instructions Sets MMX
Motherboard manufacturer First International Computer, Inc.
Motherboard model VB-601, 1.X
BIOS vendor Award Software International, Inc.
BIOS revision 4.51 PG
Chipset Intel i440BX/ZX rev. B-1
RAM Type SDRAM
RAM Size 128 Mb
RAM Frequency 100.2 MHz
CAS# Latency 3 clocks
RAS# to CAS# 2 clocks
RAS# Precharge 2 clocks
AGP Status enabled, rev. 1.0
AGP Data Transfert Rate 2x
AGP Side Band Addressing supported, enabled
AGP Aperture Size 64 Mb

Don't know if this helps (messy copy-paste). I'm now downloading MBM... I'll reply within 24 hours. Sorry and Thnx

Tried MBM 5 with no luck

Yesterday I tried MBM 5 but all sensors show 0º C which makes me think something's not working... :p

Help me...

Back