• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6800 GT with pci express out? SLI ready?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OSFP

Hi, I got a barton 2500+ and a radeon 9700 pro for a long time and in 1-2 months I am planning a major upgrade on my machine. Just when Nforce4 is out, I'm gonna get such a mobo with an 939 Athlon 64 (probably the cheapest 939 out there) and an 6800 class card. Right now 6800 GT seems the best choice, u get 16 pipelines and at a much lower price than Ultra which is only a little higher clocked. So I am planning to get an 6800 GT and later on....in a year or so, to add an additional 6800 GT in SLI mode to double performance (it will be much cheaper then and the added peroformance will have more meaning by then).

Now what I dont know is these 2 things :

1) Is there a PCI Express version of the 6800 GT out yet? Will it be soon if not yet?

2) Is the 6800 GT SLI ready? Because I have heard about SLI on the 6600 and 6800 Ultra but not the GT...and I am hoping nvidia didnt keep SLI for the top of the line 6800 Ultra...

Whoever knows, help me plz.

Back